Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: TNT, FSOK
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
The Oklahoma City Thunder stand as one of only two teams left in the NBA without a win with a record of 0-3 (the Cleveland Cavaliers are 0-4), but tonight they get a chance to change that as they host the Boston Celtics. Russell Westbrook had an impressive season debut on Sunday, but the Thunder was unable to hold off the Sacramento Kings, who have looked unexpectedly impressive so far.
The Boston Celtics have struggled a bit themselves at 2-2. They narrowly defeated the Knicks by two in New York on Saturday, and they lost to the Orlando Magic at home by three on Monday.
Tonight’s game should be interesting as both teams continue to work on chemistry, and the Thunder are coming in desperate to pick up that first win of the season.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Patrick Patterson
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Kyrie Irving
- SG: Jaylen Brown
- SF: Gordon Hayward
- PF: Jayson Tatum
- C: Al Horford
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Aron Baynes (right hamstring strain) is OUT.
- Jabari Bird (personal reasons) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 12-8 against the Celtics (5-5 at home, 7-3 away).
- After losing four of the first five games against the Celtics once arriving in Oklahoma, the Thunder has won 11 of the last 15.
- The Thunder lost the season series to the Celtics 0-2 a year ago.
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Celtics four times, lost it twice, and tied four times.
- The Thunder is 0-1 at home so far this season, while the Celtics are 1-1 on the road.
- This is the first Western Conference-Eastern Conference showdown this season for both teams.
- Oklahoma City is shooting a league-low 39.0% from the field and 23.9% from three, as well as 29th in free throw percentage (66.7%).
- Boston is 28th in the NBA in field goal percentage (41.2%) and 26th in three-point percentage (31.2%).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Boston Celtics Official Game Notes