Tip: 8:00 PM
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
Notes & Storylines
- Porter Moser earned his 300th career victory when the Sooners beat the Gators Dec. 1st.
- The Sooners are off to a 7-1 start and Porter Moser is only the third coach in program history to achieve a 7-1 start or better in their first season at Oklahoma.
- Tanner Groves is the only Sooner to have scored 20-plus points in a game this season. Groves has accomplished the feat three times and scored 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting against the Gators and yesterday was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week for the second time this season.
- Oklahoma ranks 13th in the NCAA in field goal percentage (50.0%).
- Butler is allowing only 58.4 points per game so far this season, a mark that is 23rd nationally.
- Bulldog guard Jair Bolden is shooting 46 percent from three-point range this season, a mark that is 34th nationally.
- The Sooners are second in the Big 12 and 13th nationally in field goal percentage (50.0%). Oklahoma is second in the conference in total assists (133) and second in the conference.
- Butler’s opponents are shooting only 28 percent from three-point range this season, which is 42nd nationally.
- OU is second in the Big 12 in 3-point attempts (182) and total made (61). Umoja Gibson is third in the league in 3-point attempts (46) and has taken 25.2% of OU’s attempts.
- 48.8 percent of Butler’s attempts from the field this season have been from behind the arc.
- Tanner Groves is fourth in the league in defensive rebounds per game (5.50). Groves is third in total field goals made (49) and field goal percentage (59.0%).
- Jordan Goldwire in third in the Big 12 in total assists (34).
How To Watch/Listen
Tip is scheduled for 8 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game is televised on ESPN2 with Rich Hollenberg and Fran Fraschilla on the call.
Scouting The Bulldogs
- Butler enters tonight’s game with a 5-3 overall record, having won their last two games against Saginaw Valley State (68-57) and Chaminade (84-51).
- Jair Bolden leads a trio of Bulldogs that average double-figure points. Bolden (12.6), Jayden Taylor (11.9) and Chuck Harris (10.9) are the team leaders in points per game. Bolden has played in all eight games but has only two starts. He’s 23-for-50 (46.0%) from three and is 32-for-70 (45.7%) overall from the field.
The Last Time Around
The Sooners earned a berth in the Battle 4 Atlantis championship game by topping Butler 59-46 on November 27, 2014. In that game, Isaiah Cousins led Oklahoma with 13 points and TaShawn Thomas (10) and Jordan Woodward (10) each scored in double figures.
Butler’s Projected Starters
G – Aaron Thompson (Senior)
G – Jair Bolden (Senior)
G – Jayden Taylor (Freshman)
F – Ty Groce (Senior)
F – Bryce Golden (Senior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland