For the first time since the season began Oklahoma enjoyed a weekend off. It’s back to work today though as the nation’s top ranked softball team plays in front of the home crowd at Marita Hynes Field in Norman. On deck are the Minnesota Golden Golphers who come to town with an 11-7 record and an upset on their minds.
How To Watch & Listen
First pitch has been moved up to 4:00 PM due to colder temperatures moving in during the evening. The game can be heard on The Franchise 2 (103.3 FM/1560 AM) in Oklahoma and nationwide on the TuneIn app with OU play-by-play announcer Chris Plank on the call. It will be broadcast on delay by Bally Sports Oklahoma beginning at 5:00 PM.
- Sooners are batting .378 as a team with 40 home runs, 137 runs scored on 141 hits and 125 RBIs. They are outscoring opponents 137-16 with the only eight runs given up being earned. The team is slugging .769, holds a .476 on-base clip and has swiped nine bases on 14 attempts. The pitching staff holds a 0.64 ERA and has 142 strikeouts.
- The Sooners have run-ruled 11 of their 15 opponents.
- This is the first of 14 home games on Oklahoma’s regular season schedule in 2022.
- Oklahoma went undefeated at Marita Hynes in 2021, ﬁnishing 21-0.
- Jocelyn Alo leads the team (min. 10 at-bats) with a .474 batting average and 20 RBIs. She’s hit seven homers and has 11 extra-base hits.
- The Sooners currently lead the NCAA with 40 home runs and a 2.67 HR/game average.
Scouting The Golden Golphers
- The Golphers are 11-7 on the season and have one top-25 win, beating No. 21 Arizona State, 7-5, in Tempe on Feb. 19.
- They are led at the plate by Lauren Espalin’s .380 batting average, while Natalie DenHartog and Megan Dray have each hit four home runs. Chloe Evans paces the team with 14 RBIs.
- Minnesota holds a 8-3 advantage all-time over the Sooners, including a 3-2 record in Norman.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland