If it could have gone wrong for Oklahoma on Saturday it did. While Houston was scoring with offense and special teams the Sooner offense faded away into oblivion. While we certainly shouldn’t take anything away from a Houston team that is set up to have an outstanding season, there are a lot of flaws that were exposed with the 2016 edition of Oklahoma Football at NRG Stadium.
- There are significant issues along the offensive line
- Inexperience with the receiving corps was evident and hurtful
- Samaje Perine only carried the ball six times for 31 yards
- Seven Penalties for 75 yards was a killer
- Dakota Austin was outmatched at corner and Perrish Cobb just above adequate
The same struggles that Oklahoma had in 2015 seem to be back in 2016 and then you add to it the issues at receiver and corner there’s a lot of work to be done. The good news is that we’re just at week one so there’s still plenty of football left. That could also be a bad thing as well.
More recaps coming later.