Dede Westbrook’s big day in Dallas was rewarded on Monday when the Big 12 named him the Offensive Player of the Week. Westbrook’s 10 catches for 232 yards and three touchdowns set several school, individual, and rivalry records.
- The most catches, by a Sooner, against the Longhorns.
- The most single-game receiving yards in school history.
- Career-high for touchdowns in a game.
- His 71-yard TD catch was the longest touchdown reception by an OU player against Texas.
- Over the last two games, Westbrook has recorded 17 catches for 390 yards (22.9 average) and five TDs. The 390 yards are a two-game OU record.
- In Big 12 play, Westbrook leads the league in receptions (8.5 per game), receiving yards (195.0 per game), all-purpose yards (197.0 per game) and scoring (15.0 points per game).
Westbrook, a native of Cameron, TX, is a JUCO transfer from Blinn Community College. The senior receiver recorded 46 receptions for 743 yards and four touchdowns in 2015, his first season at Oklahoma. He joins kicker/punter Austin Seibert as the only two players to receive weekly conference awards this season. Seibert was the Special Teams Player of the Week last week.