Oklahoma vs. Houston Baptist
Tip: 4:00 PM (Central)
TV: FOX Sports Southwest
Oklahoma will be looking for its fifth win of the season when it hosts Houston Baptist in the first ever meeting between the two schools. The Huskies travel to Norman with a 1-6 record with an average of 69.7 points scored per game.
HBU is allowing opponents to score an average of 85.6 points per game which bodes well for Austin Reaves who scoring and dishing out assists at an elite level. Reaves is averaging 17.4 points (third in Big 12), 6.4 assists (second in Big 12) and 5.6 rebounds (15th in Big 12) while shooting 50% from the field, 40% from 3 and 87.5% from the foul line. Despite being the
third-leading scorer in the league, Reaves is almost averaging more assists (6.4) than field goal attempts (8.8). He is one of only two major-conference players averaging at least 16 points, six assists, five rebounds and 50% shooting.
- After starting the season shooting 2-of-13 from behind the arc, junior guard Umoja Gibson has sunk seven of his last 11 3-pointers. Gibson, who sunk 189 3-pointers over two seasons at North Texas, is coming off a 14-point performance against Oral Roberts on Wednesday.
- The Sooners are 11-1 against current members of the Southland Conference under Lon Kruger. OU’s lone Kruger-era loss to a Southland member came on Dec. 18, 2012 to Stephen F. Austin (55-56).
- Oklahoma’s 85.6 points per game rank second in the Big 12. The Sooners are joined by Baylor (90.8) as the only Big 12 teams averaging over 80 points.
- The Sooners rank in the top three of the Big 12 in all three shooting categories: field goal shooting (47.6%, second), 3-point shooting (38.8%, third) and free throw percentage (81.0%, first).
- Sophomore guard De’Vion Harmon is shooting 14-of-15 from the foul line this season. His 93% shooting is the best in the Big 12. Teammate Austin Reaves is second in the league for free throw shooting at 87.5% (35-of-40).
- Senior forward Brady Manek leads the Big 12 in both 3-pointers per game (3.4) and 3-point field goal percentage (48.6%).
- The Sooners have won 21 straight home non-conference matchups (18 straight at Lloyd Noble Center). OU’s last nonconference home loss came in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge to Florida on Jan. 28, 2017.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland