Photo credit Ty Russell/OU Athletics
Oklahoma’s biggest softball series of the season is finally upon us. With all of the promise that the Big 12 has to offer, in terms of potential postseason runs, the regular season title will be settled in Stillwater this weekend with the Bedlam Series. Here’s what you’re going to want to know about it.
How to watch or listen
- The Sooners and Cowgirls will face off Friday at 6 p.m. CT, Saturday at 3 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Friday’s game will be available to watch via Big 12 NOW on ESPN+ while Saturday and Sunday’s games will be shown to a national audience on ESPN and ESPNU, respectively.
- The games can be heard on The Franchise 2 (103.3 FM, 1560 AM) in Oklahoma and nationwide on the TuneIn app with OU play-by-play announcer Chris Plank calling the action.
What’s At Stake
- The Sooners can win their ninth straight conference title by taking the Bedlam Series this weekend.
- Should OU sweep the Cowgirls it would make it three consecutive undefeated seasons in Big 12 play for the Sooners.
- The Sooners are 14-0 through five Big 12 conference series with Bedlam on deck this weekend.
- Oklahoma has won 57 consecutive Big 12 regular season games, with its last loss coming against Baylor on
April 23, 2017. The streak is the longest in program history.
- OU is undefeated in their last 59 conference series (55-0-4 in that span) and have not lost a conference series
- Winners of the last eight regular season Big 12 championships, the Sooners look to make it nine straight regular
season titles with at least two wins over the Cowgirls this weekend.
- OU has finished first in the Big 12 over the past eight seasons with a combined record of 142-13. Prior to OU’s
current run of eight straight regular season titles, no team had ever won more than two consecutive.
- Overall, the Sooners have 18 Big 12 titles with 12 regular season crowns and six Big 12 tournament
championships, all under head coach Patty Gasso. OU claimed the last completed tournament championship in
2018 for the second year in a row (tournament was not finished in 2019 due to inclement weather).
Oklahoma is ranked #1 in both softball polls.
Oklahoma State is ranked #7 in the USA Softball Poll and #9 in the Coaches Poll.
Oklahoma is 40-1 on the season and 14-0 in Big 12 play.
Oklahoma State is 39-6 on the season and 14-1 in Big 12 play.
The Bedlam Series
- OU leads the all-time series over the Cowgirls with a 94-65 record. OU holds a slim advantage in Stillwater (34-33).
- Oklahoma has more wins over the Cowgirls than any other team in program history and head coach Patty
Gasso has more wins vs. OSU than any other team with 65.
- The Sooners have won 24 straight in the series and 27 of the past 28 matchups. The last Bedlam loss for OU came in Stillwater on April 27, 2011, meaning the Sooners have won 10 straight at Cowgirl Stadium.
- The Sooners have also won eight straight series vs. OSU. Since the Big 12’s inception.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland