Kickoff: 8 PM CT
Location: Albertsons Stadium (Boise, Idaho)
Radio: Cowboy Radio Network
Twitter: Follow @HeartlandPokes for live-tweets during the game
Oklahoma State is facing their biggest challenge of the season far when they take on the Boise State Broncos later today. The Broncos are 1-1, and their opening day loss to the University of Central Florida was a 36-31 meltdown. After taking an early 21-0 lead, Boise State just couldn’t hold on as the Knights made a late push to steal the win.
The Cowboys enter today’s game with a 2-0 record, but neither win has really been impressive. Despite being heavily favored in both of those games, Oklahoma State was able to win by just 7 and 5 points. Oklahoma State enters their matchup with Boise State as a slight underdog, but maybe that will serve as a chip on their shoulder, and they will be able to play with a little extra fire.
A Win Today Would…
- Make the Cowboys 2-0 all-time vs. Boise State.
- Move the Cowboys to 3-0 for the 5th straight season and for the 12th time in the Mike Gundy era.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record vs. non-Power Five opponents to 39-4.
- Make the Cowboys 18-1 in the past 19 non-conference games and 40-6 in the past 46 non-conference games.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record in non-conference games to 57-12.
- Improve the Cowboys to 44-18 in the past 62 games and 58-24 in the past 82 games.
- Make the Cowboys 77-16 in the past 93 games vs. opponents outside of the AP Top 25, dating back to 2010.
Notable Streaks and Trends Entering the Game
- OSU has not allowed a point in the 1st quarter this season.
- OSU has held its opponent scoreless on its game-opening drive in 17 of the past 19 games, including each of the past 6 games.
- OSU has held its opponent to less than a 50 percent third down conversion rate in 13 straight games.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has recorded at least 8 tackles in seven straight games.
- Jaylen Warren has scored a rushing touchdown in 3 consecutive games.
- OSU has won 74 consecutive games when holding its opponent to fewer than 20 points, dating back to Sept. 13, 2003 – the longest active stretch of time in the FBS and longest since at least 1980.
- OSU is 28-10 in its past 38 games decided by fewer than 10 points.
- OSU is 32-5 in its past 37 games when leading at halftime, dating back to Sept. 17, 2016.
- Dating back to 2005, OSU is 41-3 when not committing a turnover.
- Dating back to 2008, OSU is 64-8 when winning the turnover battle.
- OSU has won three of its past four overtime games.
- OSU has forced a total of 12 turnovers in its past six games.
Staff Score Predictions
|Craig||27-17 Boise State|
|Matt||36-21 Boise State|