Kickoff: 6 PM CT
Location: Boone Pickens Stadium
Radio: Cowboy Radio Network
Twitter: Follow @HeartlandPokes for live-tweets during the game
Oklahoma State put up an impressive performance last weekend against Kansas State—in the first half, anyway—and they have another tough test today as they host the Baylor Bears in a battle of undefeated teams. The Bears got the best of Iowa State last weekend, so today’s game should be interesting.
Both the Cowboys and the Bears are solid on the defensive side of the ball, ironically enough, but Baylor’s rushing game is one of the best in the country statistically speaking. I wouldn’t bank on a shootout but more of a dog fight in this one.
A Win Today Would…
- Make OSU 5-0 for the 1st time since 2015 and for the 5th time in the Mike Gundy era.
- Mark OSU’s 7th straight win, securing the longest winning streak for the Cowboys since OSU won 7 straight in 2016. OSU’s 6-game winning streak entering the game is tied for the sixth-longest active streak in the FBS.
- Make the Cowboys 22-18 all-time vs. Baylor and 14-7 vs. Baylor in Stillwater.
- Give OSU 2 straight wins vs. Baylor for the first time since OSU won six straight from 2006-11.
- Make OSU 19-7 in the past 26 games against Baylor.
- Make OSU 13-2 in the past 15 home games against Baylor.
- Improve OSU to 13-3 in the past 16 games, 22-8 in the past 30 games, 46-18 in the past 64 games and 60-24 in the past 84 games.
- Make OSU 141-66 in its history when playing as an AP-ranked team.
- Make OSU 5-2 in the last 7 games when both teams are ranked in the AP Top 25.
- Make OSU 129-37 in history when playing as a higher AP-ranked team than the opponent.
- Make OSU 12-5 in the past 17 games and 16-8 in the past 24 games vs. AP Top 25 teams.
- Mark Mike Gundy’s 33rd career win vs. AP Top 25 opponents. Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney are the only other active coaches with more wins over AP Top 25 teams at their current schools.
Notable Streaks and Trends Entering the Game
- OSU has held its opponent scoreless on its game-opening drive in 17 of the past 20 games and 6 of the last 7.
- OSU has held its opponent to less than a 50% third-down conversion rate in 14 straight games.
- OSU has held 12 of its past 14 Big 12 opponents under their season scoring average.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has recorded at least 8 tackles in 8 straight games.
- Rodriguez has led OSU in tackles in every game this season.
- Jaylen Warren has scored a rushing touchdown in each of his past 4 games played.
- OSU has won 74 consecutive games when holding its opponent to fewer than 20 points, dating back to Sept. 13, 2003 – the longest active stretch of time in the FBS and longest since at least 1980.
- OSU is 29-10 in its past 39 games decided by fewer than 10 points.
- OSU is 33-5 in its past 38 games when leading at halftime, dating back to Sept. 17, 2016.
- Dating back to 2005, OSU is 41-3 when not committing a turnover.
- Dating back to 2008, OSU is 65-8 when winning the turnover battle.
- OSU has won three of its last four overtime games.
Staff Score Predictions