Kickoff: 6:30 PM CT
Location: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are looking for an eighth consecutive win over TCU.
- Oklahoma’s current 14-game winning streak is tied for the seventh longest in program history and is the Sooners’ longest since winning 14 straight over the 2016 and ’17 seasons (last 10 games of 2016 and first four of ’17). The 14-game streak is also the longest active winning streak in the country.
- This is Oklahoma’s second 6-0 start in the last 10 years (it won its first seven games of 2019).
- Oklahoma has won 21 of its last 22 games immediately following its regular season matchup vs. Texas.
- OU has already tied the single-season school record with five wins by seven or fewer points (also in 2010 and 2019), and each of the last four victories have been between three and seven points. This marks the first time in program history the Sooners have won four consecutive games by seven or fewer points.
- Tonight’s game will feature two of the Big 12’s top rushers in TCU’s Zach Evans and OU’s Kennedy Brooks. Among players with at least 10 rushes per game, Evans leads the league with his 7.9 yards per carry (586 yards on 74 rushes) while Brooks ranks third at 6.8 yards per carry (535 yards on 79 rushes). Both have six rushing touchdowns on the season.
- Oklahoma’s defense has held five of six opponents this season to 100 or fewer rushing yards (87.5 average).
- The Sooners have committed only six turnovers through six games and rank 23rd nationally with their 10 takeaways (rank 17th nationally with their +4 turnover margin. Oklahoma has only fumbled three times this season (lost just one) while its opponents have fumbled 15 times and lost seven. OU has also registered three interceptions.
Odds & Predictions
Craig: 40-20 Oklahoma
Matt: 38-27 Oklahoma
Rich: 31-24 Oklahoma
Zack: 38-17 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland