Tip: 7:00 PM
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Notes & Storylines
- The 2021-22 Oklahoma Sooners feature only five returners from last year’s squad – Elijah Harkless, Umoja Gibson, Jalen Hill, Rick Issanza and Blake Seacat. OU returns just 27.1% of their scoring and 33.8% of their minutes played from last season.
- Oklahoma returns the lowest percentage of their scoring from last season in the Big 12 and are second lowest in minutes played returning in the conference.
- The Sooner roster features eight transfers, which is tied with Penn State for the most of any major conference program and is ranked 10th nationally.
- OU has seven NCAA DI transfers which is tied for sixth nationally and is the most among any major conference program.
- NSU returns just one starter in center Larry Owens.
- Seven other Demons have at least one year of experience NSU, led by senior guard LaTerrance Reed, junior guard Brian White, sophomore guard Jovan Zelenbaba, and center Kendal Coleman.
- NSU’s six newcomers feature three junior college transfers and three high school signees — most who are expected to find a role. High school guard Emareyon McDonald is a consensus three-star with lengthy Shaun Riley II (6-foot-6) expected to make an impact.
NSU’s Projected Starters
G – Brian White (Junior)
G – Jovan Zelenbaba (Junior)
G – Cedric Garrett (Sophomore)
G – Jalen King (Sophomore)
C – Larry Owens (Senior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
- Oklahoma and Northwestern meet for the seventh time and will play for the first time since 2017.
- Oklahoma owns a 6-0 advantage in the series and all six contests have been played in Norman.
- The Sooners and Demons first played in 1984 with OU earning the 98-62 victory.
- Oklahoma’s average margin of victory over Northwestern State is 23.1 points per contest. The 2017 contest featured
the largest margin of victory (37), while the 2013 game was decided by only four points.
- No current Sooner has played Northwestern State in the Crimson and Cream. Brady Manek played on the 2017-18
squad but transferred to North Carolina. Manek finished the 2017 contest with 22 points on 9-for-11 shooting.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland