Tip: 12:30 PM
Location: BOK Center (Tulsa)
Notes & Storylines
- This will be the first game for OU in the BOK Center since it beat USC, 81-70, Dec. 15, 2018.
- The Arkansas and Oklahoma series includes 28 games dating back to the 1938-39 season. Arkansas owns a 16-12 advantage in the series, including a 5-0 record when the teams play on a neutral court. The teams have never met in Tulsa.
- The Sooners are 8-0 in their last eight games against the SEC.
- Arkansas leads the SEC in defensive rebounds percentage (.812) and opponents have only managed 59 total offensive rebounds this season
- Tanner Groves is the only Sooner to have scored 20-plus points in a game this season.
- Arkansas guard JD Notae ranks 2nd the SEC in scoring at 18.7 ppg despite being the team’s leading scorer just four times in the first nine games.
- Oklahoma ranks 20th in the NCAA in field goal percentage (49.4%).
- Arkansas features one of the tallest players in Division I — Connor Vanover at 7-3 —and one of the shortest — Chris Lykes at 5-7.
How To Watch/Listen
Tip is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN2 with Mark Neely and Tim Welsch on the call.
Scouting The Razorbacks
Arkansas comes to Tulsa with an undefeated (9-0) record. The Hogs are led in scoring by guard JD Notae who is putting up 18.7 points per game on averaging while also coming up with three steals. Forward Jaylin Williams is averaging 8.7 boards and dishing out four rebounds per game.
The Last Time Around
Oklahoma fell to Arkansas, 92-83, in the opening round of the PK80 Invitational in Portland on November 23rd 2017. Trae Young led the Sooners with 28 points in that game and Christian James scored 13.
Arkansas’ Projected Starters
G – Davonte Davis (Sophomore)
G – Au’Diese Toney (Senior)
G – JD Notae (Senior)
F – Jaylin Williams (Sophomore)
F – Connor Vanover (Junior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland