Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
2021 has been a rough year for a lot of people, and loyal Thunder fans can relate. After a decade of winning seasons, the rebuilding era is here, and the Oklahoma City Thunder look to close out the year with a tradition as old as the franchise: a New Year’s Eve basketball game. Tonight the Thunder plays host to the short-handed New York Knicks.
Both the Thunder and the Knicks have extensive injury reports, primarily due to health and safety protocols, but hopefully OKC has enough of the core group to go to put on a show for the hometown fans. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is dealing with a sore ankle, a handful of guys are out because of covid protocols, and Kenrich Williams is still dealing with a sprained ankle, so it will be interesting to see who all is actually on the court.
Regardless of who plays, it should be a good time ringing in the new year with some Thunder basketball.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Aaron Wiggins
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Paul Watson Jr.
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Kemba Walker
- SG: Evan Fournier
- SF: RJ Barrett
- PF: Obi Toppin
- C: Mitchell Robinson
- Darius Bazley is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Josh Giddey is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is QUESTIONABLE (sore right ankle).
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Tre Mann is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is AVAILABLE.
- Jeremiah Earl-Robinson is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Kenrich Williams is QUESTIONABLE (sprained right ankle).
- Evan Fournier is QUESTIONABLE (sore right ankle).
- Danuel House Jr. is OUT (dislocated right finger).
- Matt Mooney is OUT (not with team).
- Nerlens Noel is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Julius Randle is OUT (health and saety protocols).
- Derrick Rose is OUT (right ankle surgery).
- Luka Samanic is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Wayne Selden is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Jericho Sims is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 17-7 against the Knicks (9-3 at home, 8-4 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Knicks 6 times, lost it 0 times, and tied it 7 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series with the Knicks 1-1 last year (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).