Tip: 6:00 PM
Location: Ferrell Center (Waco, Texas)
TV: ESPN 2
Notes & Storylines
- Tonight will be just the second true road game for Oklahoma this season.
- In Saturday’s conference opener Elijah Harkless recorded his first double-double as a Sooner with 21 points and 11 rebounds.
- Bijan Cortes, Jacob Groves and Tanner Groves were unavailable on Saturday due to health and safety protocols. All three are good to go tonight.
- Oklahoma is eighth in the NCAA in field goal percentage (50.1%) and 28th in scoring defense (60.1). OU is 34th in field-goal percentage defense and 35th in scoring margin (14.4). According to KenPom, OU is second nationally in two-point field goal percentage (60.4).
- Oklahoma is ranked 38th in the NET rankings (1/2) with a 3-1 record in the first two quads. OU is ranked seventh in the Big 12, while Baylor leads the NCAA.
- The Sooners are second in the Big 12 and eight nationally in field goal percentage (50.1%) and 28th in scoring defense (60.1). OU is 34th in field-goal percentage defense (38.7) and 35th in scoring margin (14.4).
- OU is second in the Big 12 in 3-pointers made (110) and attempts (304). Umoja Gibson is first in the league in 3-point attempts (93) and 3-pointers made (36), and has taken 30.5% of OU’s 3-point shots. Among active players, Gibson is 16th in 3-pointers made (283) and threes per game (2.67), and 26th in 3-point attempts (714). He ranks 70th among active players in steals (142).
- Tanner Groves is second in the Big 12 and 32nd nationally in field goal percentage (58.8).
- Jordan Goldwire in third in the Big 12 in total assists (56). Goldwire is tied for 58th among active career leaders in steals (151).
How To Watch & Listen
Tip is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN2 with Jon Sciambi, Fran Fraschilla and Kris Budden on the call.
The Last Time Around
On January 6th, 2021 Baylor beat Oklahoma 76-61 at the Ferrell Center. Austin Reaves led the way for the Sooners with 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Scouting The Bears
- The defending national champions are on a 19-game winning streak, which starts against Hartford in the first round of
the NCAA Tournament.
- Baylor averages 83.2 points per game and has held its opponents to 58.0 points per contest. The Bears are shooting 48.9% from the field and 36.1% from 3-point range. BU averages 19.2 assists per game and holds a nearly double-digit rebounding margin (9.7) over its competition.
- Four Bears average double-figure points and are led by LJ Cryer’s 13.5 points per game. Jonathan Tchatchoua Tchamwa boasts 8.0 rebounds per contest, while James Akinjo is the team leader in assists per game (6.1).
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Baylor’s Projected Starters
G – Kendall Brown (Freshman)
G – Matthew Mayer (Senior)
G – Adam Flagler (Junior)
G – James Akinjo (Senior)
F – Flo Thamba (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland