Tip: 5:00 PM
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are off to an 11-3 start and Porter Moser is only the second coach in program history to achieve a 11-3 start or better in their first season at Oklahoma. The 1994 Sooners started 12-2 under Kelvin Sampson.
- Porter Moser is the first coach in program history to have two wins over teams ranked in the top 15 of the AP Poll in his first 10 games.
- The Sooners are second in the Big 12 and eight nationally in field goal percentage (50.5%) and 28th in total assists (231).
- OU holds a 67-24 advantage over Iowa State in games played in Norman and has a four-game winning streak over the Cyclones.
- The Sooners are second in the Big 12 and eight nationally in field goal percentage (50.5%) and 28th in total assists (231). OU ranks in the top 50 in seven categories. Tanner Groves is first in the Big 12 and 24th nationally in field goal percentage (59.7).
- OU is second in the Big 12 in 3-pointers made (115) and attempts (324).
- Umoja Gibson is first in the league in 3-point attempts (99) and 3-pointers made (37), and has taken 30.5% of OU’s 3-pointers.
- Jordan Goldwire in third in the Big 12 in total assists (59) and fifth in assists per game (4.2). Goldwire is tied for 56th among active career leaders in steals (154).
- Oklahoma is eighth in the nation and second in the Big 12 in field goal percentage (50.5%).
How To Watch & Listen
Tip is scheduled for 5 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPNU with Rich Hollenberg and Tim Welsh on the call.
The Last Time Around
On March 10, 2021 the Sooners beat the Cyclones 79-73 in Kansas City at the Big 12 Tournament. Austin Reaves led the team with 21 points, De’Vion Harmon scored 18 points and Elijah Harkless had 12.
Scouting The Cyclones
- Izaiah Brockington averages a team-high 16.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game for Iowa State. Gabe Kalscheur is averaging 10.2 points per contest, while Tyrese Hunter is the team leader in assists per game (4.9).
- ISU averages 71.4 points per game, while holding their competition to 56.9 points per contest.
- The Cyclones also hold a 4.5 rebound margin over its foes, while committing 4.0 less turnovers.
- Iowa State ranks in the top 25 nationally in seven categories, including the second-best three-point field goal defense in the country (24.8).
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Iowa State’s Projected Starters
G – Tristan Enaruna (Junior)
G – Tyrese Hunter (Freshman)
G – Gabe Kalscheur (Senior)
G – Izaiah Brockington (Senior)
F – George Conditt IV (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland