Tip: 6:00 PM
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are second in the Big 12 and 24th nationally in field goal percentage (48.0%) from NCAA statistics.
- Tanner Groves leads the conference in field goal percentage (55.0%) and ranks 38th nationally.
- The Sooners hold a 57-43 advantage. Texas earned the 66-52 victory in Austin to start the two-game series this season.
- Oklahoma is ranked 37th in the NET rankings (2/13) with a 7-10 record in the first two quads (4-2 in quad two). OU is ranked fifth in the Big 12 and Texas is fourth (15th overall).
- Oklahoma is 24th in the nation and second in the Big 12 in field goal percentage (48.0%).
- OU is third in the Big 12 in 3-pointers made (184) and third in attempts (550).
- Jordan Goldwire is tied for 55th among active career leaders in steals (169) and Gibson is 66th (160). The Sooners are one of six teams with two players with 150-plus career steals.
How To Watch And Listen
Tip is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City;
KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN2 with Rich Hollenberg and Fran Fraschilla on the call.
The Last Time Around
Just over a month ago (January 11th) Texas defeated Oklahoma, in Austin, by a final score of 66-52. It was the 100th meeting between the two schools on the basketball court. Jalen Hill led the Sooners with 13 points.
Scouting The Longhorns
- A trio of Longhorns average double-digit points in scoring. Timmy Allen leads the team 11.6 points per game, Marcus Carr averages 10.9, and Andrew Jones 10.0. Allen is also UT’s team leader with 6.6 rebounds per game and Carr averages 3.5 assists per game.
- Texas leads the Big 12 and is second nationally in scoring defense (56.8). The Longhorns lead the conference in turnover margin (4.0) and they rank 18th in the NCAA. UT has a Big 12 best 75.8% free throw percentage.
Texas Projected Starters
G – Courtney Ramey (Senior)
G – Marcus Carr (Senior)
F – Timmy Allen (Senior)
F – Brock Cunningham (Junior)
F – Christian Bishop (Senior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland