The Sooners are back in the heartland this weekend, playing at their second home, as they host the second annual Hall of Fame Classic in Oklahoma City at USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium. On the guest list this weekend are Sam Houston, Indiana, San Diego, Houston, and Iowa.
|Oklahoma Softball At The Hall of Fame Classic|
|Sam Houston||Friday||4:00 PM|
|San Diego||Saturday||1:30 PM|
The Sooners lead the all-time series 12-7 over Sam Houston who comes to OKC with a 9-15 record. The last meeting with the Bearkats was on March 7th of last year. That game was held in Norman and resulted in a 17-0 Sooner win in ﬁve innings.
Indiana stats the weekend at 12-5. OU holds a 10-2-1 record vs. Indiana including a 2-0 mark at neutral sites. These two teams haven’t met since March 9, 2018. That game resulted in a 9-3 win for the Sooners.
Saturday will bring the marks the ﬁrst meeting in program history between Oklahom and San Diego. The Toreros are 13-17 on the season and are coached by M.J. Knighten who is the older sister of OU alum Shay Knighten who is an assistant coach for San Diegio.
OU has already faced Houston this season. Last month the Sooners took two games, by run-rule, from the Cougars at the Houston Classic. Oklahoma leads the all-time series over Houston 13-1. The Cougars are just over .500 on the season at 13-12.
The Sooners are 12-4 all-time over Iowa including a 5-1 mark at neutral sites. The teams will meet Sunday for the ﬁrst time in seven years, last playing in Norman on March 16, 2015, a 9-0 OU win in ﬁve innings. The Hawkeyes are 13-8 on the season.
- Jocelyn Alo is the new home run queen of college softball, hitting her 96th career home run last weekend in her home state of Hawaii.
- The Sooners currently are second in the NCAA with 48 home runs and an NCAA-best 2.40 HR/game average.
- Tiare Jennings is currently tied for seventh in the NCAA with 10 homers while Alo follows close behind with eight.
- 13 Sooners have launched home runs in 2022 with nine hitting multiple blasts and ﬁve hitting four-plus.
- The Oklahoma pitching staff of Jordy Bahl, Nicole May, Hope Trautwein and Macy McAdoo have combined for a 0.74 ERA, allowing just 12 earned runs (20 R) in OU’s 20 games.
- Freshman Jordy Bahl leads Oklahoma’s pitchers with 78 strikeouts in 47.2 innings pitched, while May and Trautwein have 47 and 54 K’s, respectively.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland