On Friday Oklahoma plays the first of seven consecutive games on the road as they head to Lubbock and Austin, Texas for a pair of Big 12 series and then to Denton for a one off with North Texas. That makes tonight’s game against Tulsa the last opportunity to see the Sooners in Norman until they host Iowa State on April 22nd.
Tulsa takes the field tonight, with a 12-22-1 season record, having lost eleven consecutive games to OU dating back to 2011. The Sooners haven’t played the Golden Hurricane since 2019 and hold a 45-10 record in the series, including 26-4 in games played in Norman.
Start Time & How To Watch
Start time is scheduled for 6:00 PM. The game can be seen on Bally Sports Oklahoma Extra and heard on the radio via 107.7 The Franchise.
- Oklahoma leads the NCAA in home runs this season with 83. The Sooners are averaging 2.6 home runs per game.
- Jocelyn Alo leads the team, and is fourth in the nationally, with 16 home runs while Tiare Jennings and Grace Lyons have launched13 a piece.
- A total of 13 Oklahoma players have hit a home run this season with 10 hitting multiple.
Owning The Competition
- Oklahoma’s pitching staff of Jordy Bahl, Nicole May, Hope Trautwein and Macy McAdoo lead the country with a 0.67 ERA.
- Sooner pitchers have allowed just 17 earned runs (27 R) in 32 games this season.
- OU’s staff has produced 17 shutouts this season, including two perfect games and three no-hitters.
- Sooner pitchers have produced a combined 287 strikeouts in 178.0 innings pitched this season.
Leading The Nation
Oklahoma holds the No. 1 ranking in seven national categories as a team:
• Batting Average: .383
• Earned Run Average: 0.67
• Home Runs: 83
• Home Runs per game: 2.6
• Slugging Percentage: .783
• Scoring: 9.44 runs/game
• On Base Percentage: .499
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland
2 Replies to “Oklahoma Softball vs Tulsa | Notes & How To Watch”
where in Tulsa is the game played
It’s in Norman