Oklahoma takes its top-ranked softball team in the nation is on the road this weekend for a conference series at Texas Tech. The Red Raiders (19-16, 2-4) are set to host the Sooners (33-0, 3-0) for a three-game set with all three contests airing on ESPN+. You can also catch the games on local radio at 107.7 FM with Chris Plank on the call.
|Oklahoma at Texas Tech|
|Day||Start Time (CT)|
- The Sooners are batting .387 as a team with a nation-leading 83 home runs, 311 runs scored on 301 hits and 292 RBIs.
- Oklahoma is outscoring opponents 311-27 with only 17 of the runs given up being earned.
- The Sooners are slugging .779, and hold a .501 on-base mark.
- OU base runners have stolen 34 bases on 43 attempts this season.
- The Sooner pitching staff holds a nation-best 0.65 ERA and has 293 strikeouts, allowing opponents to bat just .137.
- Oklahoma has won by run-rule in 27 of its 33 games this season.
Oklahoma and Texas Tech last met in pool play of the 2021 the Big 12 Softball Championship in OKC with the Sooners coming away with an 8-2 victory.
The Sooners hold a 63-7 all-time series lead over Texas Tech, including a 25-1 record in Lubbock.
Dating back to 2012, OU has won 27 straight games over the Red Raiders.
- The Sooners lead the NCAA with 83 home runs with an average of 2.6 dingers per game.
- Jocelyn Alo leads the team, and is fourth in the country, with 16 home runs.
- Tiare Jennings and Grace Lyons have 13 home runs a piece.
- In all, 13 Sooners have gone yard in 2022 with 10 players hitting multiple home runs.
- Eight Oklahoma players have hit at least four home runs this season.
Owning The Circle
- The Oklahoma pitching staff of Jordy Bahl, Nicole May, Hope Trautwein and Macy McAdoo leads the country with a 0.65 ERA.
- Sooner hurlers have allowed just 17 earned runs (27 R) in OU’s 33 games.
- The staff has produced 18 shutouts on the season.
- Oklahoma pitchers have a combined 293 strikeouts in 183.0 innings pitched this season.
- Trautwein ranks ﬁrst in the country with a 0.13 ERA, while Bahl (0.80) is seventh and May (0.86) ninth.
Best In The Land
Oklahoma holds the No. 1 ranking in seven national categories as a team:
• Batting Average: .387
• Earned Run Average: 0.65
• Home Runs: 83
• Home Runs per game: 2.5
• Slugging Percentage: .779
• Scoring: 9.42 runs/game
• On Base Percentage: .501
It’s Their Conference, They Just Let You Play In It
- OU ﬁnished the Big 12 regular season 16-1 a season ago en route to winning its 13th regular season crown and seventh Big 12 tournament championship.
- The Sooners have won 62 of their last 63 Big 12 regular season games.
- OU is undefeated in its last 61 conference series (57-0-4 in that span) and have not lost a conference series since 2011.
- OU has ﬁnished ﬁrst in the Big 12 over the past nine seasons with a combined record of 147-14. Prior to OU’s current run of nine straight regular season titles, no team had ever won more than two consecutive.
- Overall, the Sooners have 20 Big 12 titles with 13 regular season crowns and seven Big 12 tournament championships, all under Patty Gasso.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland