After playing seven games in the the state of Texas Oklahoma is finally back at Marita Hynes Field where they will host Iowa State in a three game series. Due to anticipate severe weather, the Sooners and Cyclones will play two games on Friday and then the series finale on Saturday. Friday’s games can be seen via Bally Sports Oklahoma while Saturday’s contest will be available via SoonerSports.tv. It can be heard in Oklahoma on 107.7 The Franchise and nationwide on The Varsity app with OU play-by-play announcer Chris Plank calling the action.
|Oklahoma vs. Iowa State|
|Day||Start Time (CT)|
- The Sooners are batting .377 as a team with a nation-leading 109 home runs, 378 runs scored on 364 hits and 357 RBIs.
- Oklahoma has outscored opponents 378-32 with only 21 runs given up being earned.
- The OU pitching staff holds a nation-best 0.66 ERA and has 344 strikeouts, allowing opponents to bat just .140.
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series over Iowa State, 87-28, including a 31-12 record in Norman.
- The Sooners have won 40 straight in the series dating back to 2006, the Cyclones last win, on April 22, 2006 in Ames (5-2, ISU).
- OU and ISU last met in Ames a season ago, with OU sweeping the conference series with wins of 9-7, 10-2 and 22-2.
- The Sooners lead the NCAA with 109 home runs and a 2.72 HR/game average.
- Three OU Players occupy the top-10 in the country in home runs: Jocelyn Alo is second in the NCAA with 21, while Tiarre Jennings (18) ranks third and Grace Lyons (17) is 10th.
- 13 Sooners have hit home runs in 2022 with 10 hitting multiple and eight hitting at least four.
- Oklahoma has hit at least one home run in 34 of its 40 games this season.
Owning The Circle
- OU pitchers Jordy Bahl, Nicole May, Hope Trautwein and Macy McAdoo lead the country with a 0.66 ERA, allowing just 21 earned runs (32 R). Sooner hurlers have produced a nation-best 23 shutouts on the season.
- OU is the only school with three pitchers in the top-ten nationally in ERA: Trautwein ranks ﬁrst in the country with her 0.11 ERA, while Bahl (0.81) is sixth and May (0.91) seventh.
- The Sooner staff has a combined 344 strikeouts in 222.0 innings pitched this season.
Best In The Land
Oklahoma holds the No. 1 ranking in nine national categories as a team:
• Batting Average: .375
• Earned Run Average: 0.68
• Home Runs: 105
• Home Runs per game: 2.69
• Slugging Percentage: .780
• Scoring: 9.44 runs/game
• On Base Percentage: .486
• W-L Percentage: .974
• Shutouts: 22
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland