The Sooners are making their final road trip of the season when they face the Jayhawks in Lawrence, Kansas this weekend. Oklahoma is looking for a clean sweep of KU so that they can enter next weekend’s Bedlam series with an even Big 12 record to the Cowgirls. The Jayhawks are 15-28 on the season and 2-10 in conference play. OU travels north with a 42-1 overall record and the Sooners stand 11-1 in conference play.
All three games this weekend can be seen via ESPN+ and heard on 107.7 The Franchise, in the state of Oklahoma, and nationwide on The Varsity app with OU play-by-play announcer Chris Plank on the call.
|Oklahoma vs. Kansas|
|Day||Start Time (CT)|
- The Sooners are batting .380 as a team with a nation-leading 114 home runs, 402 runs scored on 393 hits and 381 RBIs.
- Oklahoma is outscoring opponents 402-36 with only 25 runs given up being earned.
- The Sooners are slugging .776 and hold a .489 on-base percentage.
- OU baserunners have stolen 47 bases on 58 attempts.
- The Sooner pitching staff holds a nation-best 0.73 ERA and has 362 strikeouts, allowing opponents to bat just .139.
- Oklahoma has won by run-rule in 34 of its 43 games (79%) this season.
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series over Kansas, 72-24, including a 23-12 record in Lawrence.
- The Sooners have won 13 straight in the series dating back to 2016. The last win for the Jayhawks, in this series, was on April 2, 2016.
- OU swept KU last season, in Norman, 14-0, 6-2, 10-1.
- The Sooners pace the NCAA with 114 home runs and a 2.65 HR/game average.
- Jocelyn Alo is second in the NCAA with 22 home runs while Tiare Jennings (18) ranks eighth and Grace Lyons (17) is 12th.
- On the season 13 Sooners have hit a home run. There have been 11 hitting multiple home runs and eight hitting at least four.
- As a team, Oklahoma has hit home runs in 37 of its 43 games this season, including hitting two or more in 30 games, three-plus in 22 games, four-plus in 15 games, ﬁve-plus ﬁve times, six or more in four games and seven once.
Owning The Circle
- The Sooner pitching staff of Jordy Bahl, Nicole May, Hope Trautwein and Macy McAdoo leads the country with a 0.73 ERA, allowing just 25 earned runs (36 R) in OU’s 43 games. Additionally, the staff holds a nation-best 25 shutouts on the season.
- Oklahoma is the only school with three pitchers in the top-ten nationally in ERA: Trautwein ranks ﬁrst in the country with her 0.10, while May (0.90) holds sixth and Bahl (0.98) sits at eighth.
- Oklahoma’s staff have a combined 362 strikeouts in 239.0 innings pitched.
- Freshman ace Jordy Bahl leads the group with 181 strikeouts in 114.2 IP, while Trautwein (69.0 IP) and May (54.2 IP) have 112 and 68 K’s, respectively.
Best In The Land
Oklahoma holds the No. 1 ranking in nine major national categories as a team:
• Batting Average: .380
• Earned Run Average: 0.73
• Home Runs: 114
• Home Runs per game: 2.65
• Slugging Percentage: .776
• Scoring: 9.35 runs/game
• On Base Percentage: .489
• W-L Percentage: .977
• Shutouts: 25
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland