We’re a day late in posting theses and I’m really sorry. Let’s cut to the chase and get right into it. On of us seems to have been a little on the wacky side this week. Let us know which one you think it is.
2022 Heartland Sports Big 12 Power Rankings
|2. Kansas State||27|
|3. Oklahoma State||23|
|7. Texas Tech||11|
|9. West Virginia||6|
|10. Iowa State||5|
1. TCU | The Horned Frogs were tested in Morgantown, but came out on top with a two score victory. It was a rough outing defensively, but the TCU offense was just as good as it’s been all season.
2. Kansas State | The Wildcats proved to be real Big 12 contenders this weekend with a massive win over Oklahoma State. Kansas State is setting themselves up nicely for a rematch against TCU in the conference championship.
3. Oklahoma | The Sooners have rallied off a couple of tough win since being throttled by Texas three weeks ago. Offensively things are much better with Dillon Gabriel back. And for the defense, they might be finding a rhythm as well.
4. Oklahoma State
8/ Texas Tech
9. West Virginia | West Virginia falls to 1-4 in conference play after the loss to TCU last week. It’s been a tough season, but I still think they have a shot at upsetting either Oklahoma or Kansas State when they roll into Morgantown.
10. Iowa State | It’s time to start wondering if Iowa State is going to win a game in Big 12 play. Matt Campbell can call it a “rebuild” if he wants. But, this is just a bad football team and some bad coaching to go along with it.
1. TCU | The Frogs may have had to fight their way out of Morgantown last week but they did escape and remain the Big 12’s only undefeated team.
2. Kansas State | Each week they are proving more and more that they aren’t a phony. The Wildcats are sitting firmly in the driver’s seat for a berth in the Big 12 title game.
3. Oklahoma State | Don’t get me wrong. Last weekend was bad…real bad for the Cowboys but looking down this list I’m still pretty confident that I have OSU in the correct spot.
7. Texas Tech
8. West Virginia
9. Kansas | The Jayhawks were on a bye week so there’s no movement for them this time around.
10. West Virginia | The Mountaineers are running out of time to get things turned around. It appears as if the clock is about to strike Midnight.
1. TCU | The Horned Frogs struggled against West Virginia more than I thought they would, but they still got the win. They’re the Big 12’s only hope at making the College Football Playoff, but they still have a few tough ones ahead of them.
2. Kansas State | The Wildcats have looked good for the most part during this season, but they looked like the best team in the NCAA on Saturday against Oklahoma State.
3. Oklahoma State | The Cowboys are obviously not in the top two after the worst loss in Mike Gundy’s tenure in Stillwater, but they’re still ahead of the rest of the conference.
7. Texas Tech
8. Iowa State
9. Kansas | No game = no movement in the rankings.
10. West Virginia | The Mountaineers continue to lose, and so I see no reason to move them from the bottom spot.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland