The power rankings log-jam has returned for Week 11. We are absolutely solid on spots 1-4 and on spots 8-10. It’s spots 5-7 where we really don’t know. Kansas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State all have us a little confounded as to where they should be ranked.
How would you have ranked them? Let us know in the comments section.
2022 Heartland Sports Big 12 Power Rankings
|3. Kansas State||24|
|6. Oklahoma State||15|
|8. Texas Tech||9|
|9. Iowa State||6|
|10. West Virginia||3|
1. TCU | The Horned Frogs are just one of four undefeated teams remaining. They rallied by scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter to escape Texas Tech. A tough matchup with Texas is next on the books for TCU.
2. Texas | Texas went on the road and came back with an impressive win over Kansas State. There’s a lot of football to be played, but Texas could still find themselves in the conference championship.
3. Kansas State | Kansas States two losses are to TCU and Texas. I find it fitting to have them ranked just behind them. The Wildcats have been so close, but just haven’t been able to grind out those close games against good teams.
6. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Iowa State | The Cyclones earn the 9th spot after blowing out West Virginia. It’s their first win in 5 weeks.
10. West Virginia – I hate to say it, but with three games remaining, The Mountaineers best shot at one more win will be against Oklahoma this week.
1. TCU | The Horned Frogs were already knocking on the door of the College Football Playoff Rankings and after last weekend’s upsets they could find themselves in a very beneficial situation when the new rankings are released on Tuesday night.
2. Texas | Wow!!! Who would have though that the Longhorns would rise back up this high? I honestly looked around for another team to put at #2 but there just wasn’t anyone worthy at the moment.
3. Kansas State | The Wildcats aren’t out of the hunt just yet but they’re certainly not in the driver’s seat anymore either.
5. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Iowa State | Saturday’s win over West Virginia snapped a 5-game losing streak for the Cyclones and kept them out of the Big 12 basement.
10. West Virginia | The Mountaineers need three more wins go become bowl eligible. They have three games remaining on the schedule. There is no room for error anymore.
1. TCU | Is there any doubt at this point that the Horned Frogs are number one? Their wins aren’t always impressive, but they’ve yet to lose.
2. Texas | I’m a little shocked that we’re here, but the Longhorns have done enough since losing to Oklahoma State to move into this spot. They’ve got a chance to prove themselves this week against TCU.
3. Kansas State | A narrow loss to Texas drops the Wildcats a spot. They’ve still got a shot to make the Big 12 Championship Game.
7. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Iowa State | The Cyclones finally got a conference win. It’s been a rough season.
10. West Virginia | Losing to Iowa State hurts. The Mountaineers now host Oklahoma in Morgantown. Ouch.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland