Tip: 7:00 PM CT
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
Notes & Storylines
- This is the first ever meeting between OU and UNC Wilmington.
- Oklahoma forward/center Tanner Groves is ranked fifth in the nation, and #1 in the Big 12, for defensive rebounds per game (10).
- Guard Grant Sherfield is tied for the NCAA lead in free throw percentage (100.0%) and is 8-for-8 from the charity stripe.
- The Sooners are ranked in the top 40 in three NCAA categories. OU is 23rd in fouls per game (12.5), 26th in defensive rebounds per game (32.5) and fourth in scoring defense (55.0).
G – Donovan Newby
G – Shykeim Phillips
G – Maleeck Harden-Hayes
F – Trazarien White
F – Amari Kelly
G – Grant Sherfield
G – C.J. Noland
F – Jacob Groves
F – Jalen Hill
F/C – Tanner Groves
Scouting The Seahawks
- UNCW is coached by Takayo Siddle, who is in his third year as head coach and has compiled a 35-20 record.
- UNCW returns two starters (Shykeim Phillips and Trazarien White) and seven letter winners from last season’s squad that finished with a 27-9 record and won the CBI championship.
- White averages a team-high 18.0 points per contest, shooting 12 of 26 from the floor (46.2%). He is tied with Amari Kelly and Victor Enoh with a team-best 5.5 rebounds per game. Phillips joins White as the only two Seahawks to average double-figure points, scoring 10.5 points per contest.
Odds & Predictions
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland