Kickoff: 4:30 PM CT
Location: Camping World Stadium
Oklahoma Last 5 (2-3)
Florida State Last 5 (5-0)
Notes & Storylines
- This marks Oklahoma’s 56th bowl appearance, fourth most nationally.
- OU is making its 24th consecutive bowl appearance, by far the longest streak in school history (the previous record was eight from the 1975-82 seasons under Barry Switzer).
- The Sooners own a 31-23-1 (.573) bowl record. Their 31 bowl wins are tied for the fourth most nationally.
- A victory over Florida State would result in a winning season for the Sooners. OU is the only Power Five program that hasn’t had a losing season in the 2000s (last one was in 1998).
- Oklahoma will be without the services of four starters in the Cheez-It Bowl due to opt-outs. They are senior running back Eric Gray, junior left tackle Anton Harrison, senior right tackle Wanya Morris and redshirt junior defensive lineman Jalen Redmond.
- The Sooners lead the Big 12 and rank 13th in the country (seventh among Power Five teams) with their 216.6 rushing yards per game.
- Oklahoma ranks fifth in the country (first among Power Five teams) with its 8.2 tackles for loss per game and fourth with its 32.3 TFL yardage per contest.
- Oklahoma holds a 6-1 series record against Florida State and has beaten the Seminoles by an average score of 24-14 in those meetings.
Game Preview Posts
Odds & Predictions
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland