Just a couple of weeks ago, the Oklahoma City Thunder moved to 2-0 on the season on the road after a defensive battle against the Cleveland Cavaliers that ended with the Thunder on top 108-105. Since then, OKC has struggled a bit at home to move to 4-3, and they are now set to host their fifth straight home again as they welcome the Cavs.
Cleveland is still figuring things out to start the season as they finally ended a 4-game skid on Sunday with a 115-104 victory against the Golden State Warriors in Cleveland. At 3-4 so far this season, the Cavs have not shot the ball well, but their defense has kept them in games at times.
Tonight’s matchup features two of the most exciting guards in professional basketball as the Thunder’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander takes on Cleveland’s Donovan Mitchell. While both players have the ability to go out and score 40+ points on any given night, I’m anticipating a lower-scoring game overall. When it comes down to it, OKC has to figure out a way to be more effective at rebounding the basketball, or they could really struggle with the length of the Cavaliers.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Chet Holmgren
- PG: Darius Garland
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Max Strus
- PF: Evan Mobley
- C: Jarrett Allen
- Ousmane Dieng is QUESTIONABLE (right wrist contusion).
- Luguentz Dort is QUESTIONABLE (sprained right hip).
- Keyontae Johnson is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (lower back spasms).
- Emoni Bates is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Sam Merrill is OUT (illness).
- Isaia Mobley is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Isaac Okoro is OUT (left knee soreness).
- Ricky Rubio is OUT (not with team).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 14-15 against the Cavs (7-8 at home, 7-7 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Cavs 3 times, lost 5 times, and tied 7 times.
- Last season, the Thunder tied the season series with the Cavs 1-1 (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Cavs so far this season (0-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).