Some recruiting weekends are pretty big, some are huge. This weekend against Ohio State is bigger than huge, as the Oklahoma Sooners will be hosting an incredible amount of talent in the class of 2017 and beyond. Here is the list that we know of so far. There will be continual updates as players will be added and some will be unable to attend last minute.
- 5 Star DT Marvin Wilson 6-4/320 from Houston, TX
- 5 Star DB Jeffrey Okudah 6-1/190 from Grand Prairie, TX
- 4 Star DT Greg Rogers 6-4/305 from Las Vegas, NV
- 4 Star QB Chris Robison 6-2/190 from Mesquite, TX (OU Commit)
- 4 Star LB Levi Draper 6-2/215 from Collinsville, OK (OU Commit)
- 4 Star WR Jalen Reagor 6-1/190 from Waxahachie, TX (OU Commit)
- 4 Star DB Robert Barnes 6-3/200 from Southlake, TX (OU Commit)
- 4 Star WR Charleston Rambo 6-2/170 from Cedar Hill, TX (OU Commit)
- 4 Star WR Cedarian Lamb 6-3/190 from Richmond, TX (OU Commit)
- 4 Star RB Trey Sermon 6-1/220 from Marietta, GA (OU Commit)
- 4 Star OL Tyrese Robinson 6-5/300 from McKinney, TX (OU Commit)
- 4 Star DB Tre Brown 5-11/180 from Tulsa, OK (OU Commit)
- 4 Star OL Adrian Ealy 6-7/280 from Gonzales, LA
- 4 Star LB Tyler Taylor 6-3/220 from Sugar Hill, GA
- 3 Star OL Creed Humphrey 6-4/290 from Shawnee, OK (OU Commit)
- 3 Star LB Kenneth Murray 6-2/210 from Missouri City, TX (OU Commit)
- 3 Star TE/HB Jeremiah Hall 6-3/225 from Charlotte, NC (OU Commit)
- 3 Star LB K’Jakrye Daley 6-4/215 from Riviera Beach, FL
- 3 Star DB Kobe Boyce 6-0/170 from Corinth, TX
This list will obviously change throughout the week. We will also be adding possibly 2018 and 2019 guys to the list as well.
So now the big question is who might be on commitment watch on Saturday?
I’d watch K’Jakrye Daley and Arian Ealy really closely if I were Sooner fans. In the case of Daley I believe its a matter of convincing him that he would be best suited as an OLB in the Sooners 3-4 as opposed to a DE in Notre Dame’s 4-3. His frame would seemingly be much better suited for OLB in the 3-4 as he could be 230-240 pounds easily.
Ealy seems to be highly favoring the Sooners in spite of having an offer from LSU. It didn’t hurt things that LSU lost to Wisconsin.
For the Sooners to have a legitimate shot at Okudah, I believe a win over the Buckeyes will be necessary.