De-commits are a part of each class. They happen and this evening it hit the Sooners as they lost 4-star WR Jalen Reagor (6-1/190) from Waxahachie, TX. Reagor tweeted out his intentions, that included a switch to TCU.
So the obvious question is why? Reagor visited TCU officially when the hosted the Sooners, and had a front row seat to Dede Westbrook destroying the TCU secondary and the Sooners prevail. So I don’t believe it was based on fit or a TCU victory. Reagor’s high school teammate (Kennedy Snell) is also a TCU commit. Also the proximity of TCU helped in this situation (remind me again why the Big 12 allowed TCU in the conference)?
So now we must look and ask the question what’s next at WR? The Sooners won’t be caught empty handed (it’s better that Reagor de-committed now instead of on National Signing Day). So here are several prospects the Sooners are in the thick of things for as we move forward with the class of 2017.
- 4-Star WR Omar Manning 6-3/200 from Lancaster, TX. Things between Manning and the Sooners had cooled a bit, but now with an open scholarship, it wouldn’t shock me to see the Sooners turn up the heat once again. The question is will Manning be receptive.
- 4-Star WR James Robinson 6-3/200 from Lakeland, FL. Robinson has stated numerous times that he is planning on visiting the Sooners, but this should be a really difficult pull.
- 5-Star WR Joseph Lewis 6-2/200 from Los Angeles, CA. Lewis is set to visit the Sooners for the Baylor game. The thought is that he was locked in to USC, but with the mess that is going on with the Trojans now, I truly believe that Lewis views the Sooners as a legitimate option.
- 4-Star WR Ryan Jones 6-2/200 from Charlotte, NC. Jones was a former UNC commit, but things have changed with him. He is expected to visit the Sooners.
- 4-Star WR Hunter Rison 5-11/190 from Ann Arbor, MI. Rison is currently committed to Michigan State, but was all but locked in to the Sooners before re-commitment to the Spartans.
- 3-Star WR Paulson Adebo 6-1/175 from Mansfield, TX. Adebo is currently committed to Notre Dame, but something tells me that commitment could be on shaky ground.
- JUCO WR Marquise Brown 5-11/170 from Santa Clarita, CA. Not much is known, but Cale Gundy just followed him on twitter.
Prediction: Paulson Adebo de-commits from Notre Dame and winds up a part of the Sooners class of 2017.