It’s been a while since we have had one of these posts, and things have changed somewhat with the Sooners class of 2017 over the past couple months as players have committed elsewhere and new targets have emerged. These predictions will operate under the assumption that the Sooners have 30 scholarships available for the class of 2017. So without further hesitation, here are the players I believe will end up Sooners on National Signing Day.
CURRENT COMMITS – 21
1. 4-Star QB Chris Robison 6-2/190 from Mesquite, TX
Robinson has been the anchor of the class. His commitment helped set the foundation for what is already a stellar 2017 recruiting class.
2. 4-Star RB Trey Sermon 6-1/220 from Marietta, GA
Sermon gives the Sooners a prototypical power back. Depending on what happens with Mixon and Perine and the NFL, Sermon could be a massive part of the Sooners offense next year.
3. 4-Star RB Kennedy Brooks 6-0/200 from Mansfield, TX
Brooks is simply annihilating Texas high school football. Need proof…he rushed for 320 yards and 7 TDs in last weeks playoff game.
4. 4-Star WR Cedarian Lamb 6-3/190 from Richmond, TX.
Lamb is the player from this class with the highest ceiling in my opinion and that is saying A LOT. He is incredible.
5. 4-Star WR Charleston Rambo 6-2/170 from Cedar Hill, TX
Rambo was flirting with TCU a few weeks ago, but with the collapse of the Horned Frogs, I believe that has gone by the wayside. That being said, it will be something to continue to watch.
6. 4-Star TE/WR Grant Calcaterra 6-4/215 from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Calcaterra is an incredibly gifted receiver. He will need to fill out and get stronger, but after a redshirt season, it will be hard to keep him off the field.
7. 3-Star ATH/HB Jeremiah Hall 6-3/225 from Charlotte, NC
Watch what current Sooner Dimitri Flowers does on the field and you will get an idea of the way the Sooners intend to use Hall.
8. 4-Star OL Tyrese Robinson 6-5/300 from McKinney, TX
He should excel at one of the interior line positions, but it wouldn’t shock me to see him end up at RT as well.
9. 4-Star OL Marquis Hayes 6-5/315 from Maryland Heights, MO
Hayes is a mauler and exactly what you would look for in an offensive guard.
10. 3-Star OL Creed Humphrey 6-4/290 from Shawnee, OK
Creed should find a home at center for the Sooners.
11. 3-Star DE Isaiah Thomas 6-6/235 from Tulsa, OK
Thomas will need to put on weight, but few players in this class have the potential of Thomas.
12. 4-Star LB Jacob Phillips 6-3/230 from Nashville, TN
I believe Phillips starts a MLB for the Sooners next year.
13. 4-Star LB Levi Draper 6-2/215 from Collinsville, OK
Its been a long time since the Sooners had two players of this caliber at MLB (Draper and Phillips)
14. 4-Star LB Addison Gumbs 6-3/215 from Hayward, CA
Gumbs is the type of player the Sooners must continue to recruit if they are to be successful at running the 3-4.
15. 3-Star LB K’Jakrye Daley 6-4/215 from Riviera Beach, FL
Daley has a really good first step, Obo like first step.
16. 3-Star LB Kenneth Murray 6-2/210 from Missouri City, TX
Murray is bit undersized, but he should find a home for the Sooners nonetheless.
17. 4-Star DB Tre Brown 5-11/180 from Tulsa, OK
Brown has elite speed.
18. 4-Star DB Justin Broiles 6-0/170 from Oklahoma City, OK
Broiles will likely play nickel back for the Sooners.
19. 4-Star S Robert Barnes 6-3/200 from Southlake, TX
Barnes is a safety not unlike that of Steven Parker.
20. 3-Star JUCO ATH Marcelias Sutton 5-11/190 from Scranton, PA
Sutton is like a bigger version of Roy Finch. Hopefully Riley will know how to use him.
21. 2-Star K Reeves Mundschau 6-0/170 from New Braunfels, TX
Mundschau is a kicker. They are necessary.
COMMIT PREDICTIONS – 9
Brown will be visiting for Bedlam. I bet he commits.
2. 4-Star OT Adrian Ealy 6-7/280 from Gonzales, LA.
Ealy has only visited the Sooners and is an early enrollee. At some point this is a commitment right?
3. 4-Star OT Chuck Filiaga 6-6/320 from Aledo, TX
Filiaga seems to be down to OU and Michigan. I believe distance wins out.
4. 3-Star DE Taquon Graham (Texas Commit) 6-4/250 from Temple, TX.
Graham seems to be a matter or when, not if, especially with the Charlie Strong situation.
5. 3-Star DE/DT Joshua Rogers 6-5/280 from Houston, TX
I bet Rogers commits when he visits for Bedlam
6. JUCO DT Rashad Brandon 6-3/315 from Brooklyn, NY
This one is a bit of flyer, but according to his twitter, he will be in Norman for Bedlam. Assuming he really is 6-3/315, Brandon would be a player that is much more suited for nose guard in the Sooners 3-4. If Brandon is the only DT in this class, then it makes it a huge priority in the class of 2018. I do think Brandon can play though however.
7. 3-Star DB Kamren Curl 6-2/180 from Muskogee, OK
Curl picked up an OU offer recently and should be visiting for Bedlam. While this isn’t a slam dunk, I believe the Sooners will win out in the end.
8. 3-Star DB Kobe Boyce (Texas Commit) 6-0/170 from Corinth, TX
Again with Boyce already visiting OU and the Charlie Strong situation, this one makes sense.
9. Another LB not yet having an OU Offer. Possibly 4-Star JUCO Gary Johnson 6-2/225 from Dodge City, KS
One Reply to “Oklahoma Sooners Football Recruiting | Class of 2017 Predictions: Thanksgiving Edition”
I see you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you
can earn additional cash every month because you’ve got high quality content.
If you want to know how to make extra money, search
for: Mrdalekjd methods for $$$