The Oklahoma Sooners clinched a fourth conference win after downing the Kansas State Wildcats by an 81-51 margin. Securing the win in front of a home crowd, Lon Kruger now stands at 600 career wins on the Division I level. Joining 33 other coaches to accomplish the feat, Kruger said, “It’s been a fun ride. It’s been great, all the relationships and all the people you’ve met and worked with. And the players, of course, are at the heart of all of it. That’s why any of those wins come about.”
Here’s a look inside the numbers of 10th win for the Sooners this season.
- Khadeem Lattin stepped up his game recording 17 points and 10 rebounds, both game highs for the experience forward
- Kameron McGusty saw his 15 game streak of double-digit scoring come to an end netting seven points on the evening
- The underclassmen combined to score 62 of Oklahoma’s total point output
- Holding their opponent to 25% shooting from the floor, the Sooners exploded for 48 points while connecting on 56% shooting in the second half to close out the contest
- In 40 minutes of play, OU led for 39 minutes and 39 seconds
- The Sooner bench produced 35 points and the team scored nearly half of their points in the paint with 40
Up next, Oklahoma takes on the Kansas Jayhawks.