Tip: 10:30 (CT)
Location: Moda Center (Portland, OR)
– The Sooners have won their first two games by a combined 27 points but have yet to take a lead into halftime. Oklahoma has had to overcome slow starts in both their matchups, entering the break tied against UTSA and down 6 points to Minnesota.
– Oklahoma has seen strong performances from junior guard Austin Reaves during his first two games as a Sooner. Through two games the transfer from Wichita State is averaging 17.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
– Oregon State (2-0) is coming off an 80-74 victory over Iowa State. The Beavers have been led by sharpshooting forward Tres Tinkle, son of head coach Wayne Tinkle, who has combined to score 52 points in his first two games and has shot 9-of-13 (69.2%) from 3-point range.
– Oklahoma owns a 4-0 all-time record against Oregon State. The Sooners are facing the Beavers for the first time since the 2000-01 season.
– The Sooners are 6-1 against Pac-12 opponents during the Kruger era and have won five straight games against the conference.
– Oklahoma is 12-4 when playing in an NBA arena under Kruger.
– Brady Manek entered his junior year as the Sooners’ leading returning scorer. With 741 career points coming into the season, he is just the 10th player in OU history to reach 700 career points by the end of a sophomore season. In the last 27 years, only four Sooners have scored more total points as underclassmen (freshman + sophomore seasons) than Manek: Blake Griffin (1,278), Trae Young (876), Willie Warren (868) and Buddy Hield (756).
Follow us on Twitter @SportsHeartland