Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma, NBA TV
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (20-15) is one of the NBA’s hottest teams right now, tied with the Milwaukee Bucks (32-5) and the Utah Jazz (23-12) for the longest active win streak (5). Not only has the Thunder won 5 in a row, but OKC has also won 9 of the last 10.
Tonight, the Thunder takes on the Philadelphia 76ers (23-14) on the road. The Sixers have lost 4 straight games, which ties them for the 2nd-longest active losing streak in the NBA. Streaks aside, this game could go either way.
In the first matchup between the Thunder and the Sixers in OKC, the Thunder edged the Sixers in overtime in what was seemingly a marquee moment for OKC. At the time, the Thunder was 4-7, and following the OT win over Philadelphia, OKC went on to lose 3 straight to sit at 5-10, but the victory was proof that the Thunder could compete with—and defeat—the league’s best teams.
Now the Thunder sits comfortably at 7th in the West with a 20-15 record. Tonight’s game is the first of a rough stretch of four matchups, so regardless of the outcome, OKC needs to play tough and buckle in, or their win streak could come to an end and shift the other direction.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ben Simmons
- SG: Josh Richardson
- SF: Tobias Harris
- PF: Al Horford
- C: Joel Embiid
- Luguentz Dort (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Kevin Hervey (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Justin Patton (G League Assignment) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Norvel Pelle (G League – Two Way) is OUT.
- Marial Shayok (G League – Two Way) is OUT.
- Zhaire Smith (G League – Assignment) is OUT.
- Matisse Thybulle (right knee sprain and bones bruise) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-2 against the Sixers (10-1 at home, 10-1 on the road).
- In 11 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times and tied it twice.
- The Thunder tied the season series with the 76ers a year ago 1-1 (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 10 consecutive games against the Sixers in Philadelphia.
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Sixers so far this season (1-0 at home, 0-0 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.