Tip-Off: 2:30 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (32-20) has won 9 of their last 10, and they are arguably the hottest team in the Western Conference right now. Sitting at the 6th seed, a full game ahead of the Dallas Mavericks, the Thunder continues to climb the standings, further securing their playoff spot.
Today, they host the Boston Celtics (36-15), who have also won 9 of their last 10. After the 13-game win streak by the Toronto Raptors, the 6-game win streak by the Celtics is the second-best in the NBA. Despite dealing with a number of injuries, Boston has continued to roll off win after win, and while their schedule has not been particularly difficult as of late, they are still getting it done.
Afternoon games are tough for all NBA players, but the Thunder has the advantage of playing in their home arena. Boston thrives on forcing turnovers with their gritty defense, but OKC does a great job taking care of the ball. As long as the Thunder can control the tempo and not turn the ball over, they will have a good chance at defeating the Celtics at home.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Kemba Walker
- SG: Marcus Smart
- SF: Jayson Tatum
- PF: Grant Williams
- C: Enes Kanter
- Deonte Burton (G League; on assignment) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Isaiah Roby (G League; on assignment) is OUT.
- Jaylen Brown (right ankle sprain) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Tacko Fall (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Gordon Hayward (left foot soreness) is PROBABLE.
- Daniel Theis (right ankle sprain) is QUESTIONABLE
- Kemba Walker (left knee soreness) is PROBABLE.
- Tremont Waters (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Robert Williams III (left hip bone edema) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 12-10 against the Celtics (5-6 at home, 7-4 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Celtics 4 times, lost it 3 times, and tied 4 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series to the Celtics 0-2 a year ago.
- The Thunder has lost 4 straight against the Celtics.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.
|2020 March Madness Bracket - $1 Million 2020 March Madness Bracket Challenge|