Tip-Off: 5 PM CT
Location: TD Garden (Boston, Massachusetts)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma, NBA TV
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (39-24) cruised to a win over the New York Knicks (19-44) Friday night to pick up a second consecutive road win of a current 3-game road trip.
Tonight, the Thunder caps the road trip with a matchup against the Boston Celtics (42-20). The Thunder and the Celtics clashed in Oklahoma City just one month ago in a battle that went down to the wire.
The Celtics picked up the 112-111 victory in that matchup. After leading by 9 at the half, the Thunder gave up their lead to trail by 9 with a little over a minute to go, and despite their best effort at a comeback, the Celtics prevailed.
The Thunder has been a bit up and down lately, specifically in terms of defensive effort and shooting efficiency. OKC has continue to take care of the ball at a high level, turning it over just 4 times on Friday against the Knicks, so if they can take (and make) quality shots, while taking care of business on the defensive end, the Thunder will be in a good place to pick up a marquee victory on the road against one of the Eastern Conference’s best teams.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Kemba Walker
- SG: Marcus Smart
- SF: Jayson Tatum
- PF: Semi Ojeleye
- C: Daniel Theis
- Darius Bazley (right knee bone bruise) is OUT.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (hip contusion) is OUT.
- Kevin Hervey (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (left knee injury recovery) is OUT.
- Isaiah Roby (G League assignment) is OUT.
- Jaylen Brown (right hamstring strain) is OUT.
- Carsen Edwards (G League assignment) is OUT.
- Tacko Fall (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Gordon Hayward (right knee contusion) is AVAILABLE.
- Vincent Poirier (G League assignment) is OUT.
- Tremont Waters (G League; two-way) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 12-11 against the Celtics (5-7 at home, 7-4 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Celtics 4 times, lost it 3 times, and tied 4 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series to the Celtics 0-2 a year ago.
- The Thunder has lost 5 straight against the Celtics.
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Celtics so far this season (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.