CeeDee Lamb entered the 2019 college football season as the most draft ready player in the Big 12. He exited the season pretty much a lock to be a Top 15 pick. In three seasons Lamb went from being a Freshman All-American to a first-team AP All-American.
In 2017 he set the school receiving mark for a freshman with 807 yards, and 7 touchdowns, on 46 receptions. Last season, as a junior he completed his rise to being the top receiver in college football by 1,327 yards on 62 receptions. His average of 21.4 yards per reception was the highest in the FBS among players with 40-plus catches.
- Big-play capability
- Explosive and strong with the ball in his hands
- Equally dangerous on short, mid-lever, and downfield routes
- Uses hands to catch the ball (rather than his body) with arms extended
- Extremely athletic with 34.5″ vertical
- Great field vision
- Requires more than an arm tackle to bring him down
- Slim build
- Not highly experienced against press coverage
Twelfth pick to the Las Vegas Raiders.
Other possibilities – Arizona Cardinals (#8), New York Jets (#11).
There is a rumor that Philadelphia would like to trade up and select him ahead of the Raiders.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland