Kickoff: 6:30 PM CT
Location: Jack Trice Stadium (Ames, Iowa)
- Oklahoma owns a 76-6-2 (.917) all-time record against Iowa State and is
37-2-1 (.938) vs. the Cyclones in Ames. In the Big 12 era, the Sooners hold a 15-1 series advantage (7-0 in Ames).
- In OU’s seven road games against ISU (since the inception of the Big 12) they have outscored the Cyclones 266-109 (average of 38-16).
- The Sooners’ .917 series winning percentage against Iowa State is the best by one FBS program against another (minimum of 50 games played)
- Oklahoma is 22-1 in true road games since Lincoln Riley arrived in Norman in 2015.
- Oklahoma’s No. 18 AP poll ranking this week snaps a streak of 29 polls in which it appeared in the top 10. This week also marks just the third time in the last 59 AP polls that OU hasn’t been ranked in the top 10.
- Oklahoma has not lost back-to-back regular season games since Oct. 2 and 9, 1999, which was Bob Stoops’ first season as head coach.
- Sooners freshman Marvin Mims has a team-high three touchdown catches through OU’s first two games. He’s the program’s first player since redshirt freshman receiver Ryan Broyles in 2008 to register three TD receptions in his first two career games.
- Oklahoma ranks first nationally in opponent third-down conversion percentage, holding Missouri State and Kansas State to a combined 2-for-22 (9.1%) mark.
Craig: 38-28 Oklahoma
Zack: 38-27 Oklahoma
Mark: 41-31 Oklahoma
Matt: 37-21 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland