Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder kicked off their season in dramatic fashion on Saturday night when Shai Gilgeous-Alexander knocked down a game-winner with just under 2 seconds to give OKC a 109-107 victory on the road over the Charlotte Hornets. Tonight, they host the Utah Jazz in Oklahoma City in their home opener.
The Jazz are 1-1 so far, most recently losing 116-111 at home to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Utah is considered a playoff-projected team, but they’re not exactly labeled as a contender.
Still, the Thunder-Jazz rivalry is one that has heated up over the past few seasons, and the fact that it’s a division matchup makes it even more exciting. Donovan Mitchell is one of the most exciting young stars in the league, and he will be a formidable matchup for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who is trying to break his way into spotlight.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: George Hill
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Al Horford
- PG: Mike Conley
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Royce O’Neale
- PF: Bojan Bogdanović
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Derrick Favors is PROBABLE (right knee soreness).
- Shaquille Harrison is PROBABLE (right ankle sprain).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 33-13 (20-2 at home, 13-11 on the road) against the Jazz in the regular season and 2-4 (2-1 at home, 0-3 on the road) in the playoffs.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Jazz 10 times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder went 2-1 against the Jazz last season (1-0 at home, 1-1 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 17 consecutive matchups with the Jazz in Oklahoma City.