Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder dropped another loss at home on Wednesday, a 118-107 decision against the Orlando Magic, but tonight, they get an opportunity to ring in the new year with a home win as they host the New Orleans Pelicans.
The Pelicans are one of the many teams in the NBA that look quite a bit different than they did a few months ago due to some roster shakeup, and the Thunder was involved in that as they sent Steven Adams to New Orleans in the offseason in a trade. The Big Kiwi makes his return to the 405 with no fans in attendance, unfortunately, but the beloved big man will receive a warm welcome all the same.
This game features a lot of youth between both teams, including Zion Williamson for the Pelicans, so it should make for an exciting New Year’s Eve matchup.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: George Hill
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Al Horford
- PG: Lonzo Ball
- SG: Eric Bledsoe
- SF: Brandon Ingram
- PF: Zion Williamson
- C: Steven Adams
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Wenyen Gabriel is OUT (right knee/quadriceps tendinosis)
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 28-15 against the Pelicans (16-6 at home, 12-9 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Pelicans 8 times, tied it once, and lost it 3 times.
- The Thunder swept the Pelicans 4-0 in the regular season last year (2-0 at home, 2-0 on the road).