Tip-Off: 9 PM CT
Location: Staples Center (Los Angeles, California)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
After dropping a 119-101 decision to the Nuggets in Denver on Tuesday, the Thunder continues their road trip tonight as they take on the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center. This is the first of two games against the Clippers in a 3-day span, a consequence of the truncated scheduling format for this year’s NBA regular season.
The Clippers are just a half game back from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference standings, and at 11-4, they are off to one of their best starts in franchise history. If they continue at this rate, they will finish with the best winning percentage of any Clippers team ever.
The Clippers roster features several former Thunder players: Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson both spent their early years in OKC, and Paul George and Patrick Patterson both did a 2-year stint with the Thunder before being traded to LA in a blockbuster traded that featured Shai Gilgeous-Alexander coming to OKC. SGA played his rookie year in LA, but besides him, no other Thunder player has ties to the Clippers.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: George Hill
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Patrick Beverley
- SG: Paul George
- SF: Kawhi Leonard
- PF: Nicolas Batum
- C: Serge Ibaka
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Josh Hall (health and safety protocols).
- Al Horford is OUT (personal reasons).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Jay Scrubb is OUT (foot).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 23-21 against the Clippers (14-8 at home, 9-13 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Clippers 4 times, tied 4 times, and lost 4 times.
- The Thunder went 1-3 against the Clippers last season (1-1 at home, 0-2 on the road).