Oklahoma quarterbacks have been excellent at distributing the ball among various receivers this season. At least seven receivers have caught a pass in each of OU’s nine games this season and on Saturday that number was exceeded by five. Twelve Sooners caught at least one pass against Texas Tech (eight different players had two receptions) and six different OU receivers caught a touchdown pass which was the most since Oklahoma’s 70-14 win over South Dakota in 2019 (also six). Game planning to defend this Sooner passing attack can’t be an easy task for opposing defensive coordinators.
• Saturday’s win was Oklahoma’s 17th straight, which is the seventh longest in program history and is the their longest since winning 20 in a row over the 2000 and ‘01 seasons. The 17-game streak is also the longest active one in the country (next longest is 12 by Georgia).
• This marks Oklahoma’s 15th 9-0 start in program history, and its first since the 2004 season.
• OU has now won 10 straight games against Texas Tech. The Sooners own a 23-6 record against the Red Raiders, including a 13-2 mark in Norman.
• The Sooners have scored at least 38 points in each of their last 12 games against the Red Raiders. It is the longest streak of 38 points or more against a single opponent in school history (scored 38 points in 11 straight games vs. Kingfisher College from 1908-19).
• Since head coach Lincoln Riley was hired as OU’s offensive coordinator in 2015, the Sooners have scored at least 49 points in all seven contests against Tech, his alma mater, and are averaging 56.9.
• Oklahoma is 28-2 (.933) in home games under Riley. OU’s 184 scrimmage TDs at home since the start of the 2017 season are the most nationally (Alabama has 178 in the same number of games).
• The Sooners tied a school record with seven touchdown passes today (six by Caleb Williams, one by Spencer Rattler), matching the 2016 game against Texas Tech (Baker Mayfield had seven TD passes).
• Oklahoma had two 100-yard receivers (Marvin Mims [135 yards], Mario Williams [100 yards]) for the first time since 2019 vs. Texas Tech (185 by CeeDee Lamb and 122 by Charleston Rambo).
• The Sooners have scored on each of their last 42 red zone trips (scored on all three today). OU’s 47 red zone scores are the most in the country, as are its 37 red zone touchdowns.
• OU averaged a season-high 9.8 yards per play today (541 yards on 55 plays).
• In 88 games since the start of the 2015 season, OU has registered at least 500 yards of offense 58 times, including in 48 of the last 71 outings.
• The Sooners registered three takeaways on Saturday (two interceptions and one fumble) and did not commit a turnover. This was the third time this season OU has totaled three takeaways in a game, and the first since Sept. 11 vs. Western Carolina.
• This was Oklahoma’s first game registering two interceptions since the 2020 Cotton Bowl vs. Florida (three).
• OU has registered at least one takeaway in 15 straight games and in 16 of the last 17, and is plus-15 in turnover margin during its 17-game winning streak. The Sooners have committed only eight turnovers through nine games this season.
• Oklahoma held Texas Tech to 4 of 13 on third downs (30.8%), and has held 14 of its last 17 opponents below a 50% third-down conversion rate. Ten of the Sooners’ last 14 opponents have failed to convert more than 33% of third downs.
• Completed 23 of 30 passes (77%) for 402 yards and six touchdowns (255.2 passer rating). He completed 22 of his final 25 pass attempts in the game.
• His six touchdown passes tied the Oklahoma freshman record (most ever by a true freshman), matching redshirt frosh Landry Jones (2009 vs. Tulsa). The six TD passes were the most by an OU quarterback since 2018 when Kyler Murray had six vs. Baylor.
• Set OU true freshman passing records with his 402 yards and six touchdowns (broke his own records set vs. TCU on Oct. 16).
• Only the third Oklahoma QB with at least six passing TDs and no interceptions in a game (Baker Mayfield seven TDs vs. Texas Tech in 2016 and Kyler Murray six TDs vs. Baylor in 2018), according to ESPN Stats & Info.
• His 1,189 passing yards are the most by an OU true freshman, surpassing (current OU assistant coach) Cale Gundy’s 904 passing yards in 1990. His 14 passing touchdowns this season are also the most ever by an OU true freshman QB.
• He has 12 passing TDs over his three starts.
• Made a 53-yard field goal and all seven of his PAT attempts in the game. He is now 17 for 20 on field goals and 42 of 42 on PATs this year.
• He now has 10 career field goal makes of 50 yards or longer, and his nine such makes since the start of the 2020 season are tied with LSU’s Cade York for the most nationally.
• The 53-yarder was his 20th career make of at least 40 yards, extending his school-leading mark.
• For his career, he is 54 of 63 on field goal attempts and 144 for 144 on PAT attempts (trails only Austin Seibert  for the school record of consecutive made PATs).
• Registered 135 yards and two touchdowns on four receptions (33.8 average). His touchdowns went for 67 and 43 yards.
• His 67-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter was OU’s longest scrimmage play of the season and his longest career catch. It was his third TD reception of the season and the 12th of his career.
• Now has five career receptions of 50 or more yards and 11 career receptions of 40 or more yards (six of those 40-plus-yard receptions have gone for TDs).
• Made his third career touchdown reception (first of the season) on a 12-yard play in the second quarter.
• Tied his career high with three receptions, totaling 57 yards. It was his fourth career game with three catches, and third this season (also vs. West Virginia and Kansas).
• Registered three tackles (one solo), 1.5 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack, a forced fumble (which he recovered) and two pass breakups.
• Both of his pass breakups came in the first half, one of which led to Fields’ interception. He entered the game with three career PBUs.
• Recorded a strip sack and made the recovery on a play in the fourth quarter. It was his third forced fumble of the season (fourth career) and first recovery of the season (third career). All of his forced fumbles and recoveries have come in the last two seasons.
• True freshman had five receptions for a career-high 100 yards and a touchdown.
• Registered his third TD reception of the season (and first since the Western Carolina game) on a 22-yard play in the first quarter.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland