Kickoff: 7 PM CT
Location: Boone Pickens Stadium (Stillwater, Oklahoma)
Radio: Cowboy Radio Network
Twitter: Follow @HeartlandPokes for live-tweets during the game
The no. 10 Oklahoma State Cowboys are 8-1, and they have a lofty goal of making it to the Big 12 Championship Game. At this rate, they are well on their way, but before they can get to any postseason activity, they must take it one week at a time. Tonight, the Cowboys host the Texas Christian Horned Frogs (4-5).
The Horned Frogs began the season as a bit of a dark horse team in the Big 12, but after a 2-2 start which featured close losses to ranked team, things haven’t really gone their way. However, last week they managed a huge upset win at home over no. 18 Baylor, and with 3 more games left on the schedule, they’re hoping to work their way into bowl eligibility.
Oklahoma State comes into the game as double-digit favorites, something that hasn’t been the norm for the Cowboys this season, but with all the momentum from the last couple of weeks, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, it makes sense that the expectations for today’s game are in favor of the no. 10 team in the country.
Staff Score Predictions
|Craig||35-20 Oklahoma State|
|Matt||39-20 Oklahoma State|
|Zack||38-14 Oklahoma State|
A Win Today Would…
- Keep the Cowboys in the top two of the 2021 Big 12 standings.
- Make the Cowboys 9-1 or better for the first time since 2015 and for the fifth time in the Mike Gundy era.
- Give the Cowboys a seven-game winning streak in Boone Pickens Stadium.
- Give the Cowboys wins in seven of the past 11 games vs. TCU, and in six of the past seven vs. TCU in Stillwater.
- Make the Cowboys 17-13-2 all-time vs. TCU and 11-4 vs. TCU in Stillwater.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s career record vs. TCU to 6-4.
- Give OSU wins in 11 of its past 12 games and 17 of its past 21 games, dating back to the 2020 season.
Notable Streaks and Trends Entering the Game
- OSU has held its last two opponents to a combined total of six points and an average of 138.0 yards of total offense.
- OSU has held each of its last three and five of its last seven opponents under 100 yards rushing.
- OSU has held five of its last six opponents under 200 yards passing.
- OSU’s defense is the only one in the Big 12 with more interceptions (8) than passing TDs allowed (6).
- OSU has held 18 of its last 20 Big 12 opponents under their season scoring average.
- OSU has won 77 consecutive games when holding its opponent to fewer than 20 points, dating back to Sept. 13, 2003 – the longest active stretch of time in the FBS and longest since at least 1980.
- OSU has held its opponent scoreless on its game-opening drive in 20 of its past 26 games.
- OSU has held its opponent to less than a 50 percent third down conversion rate in 20 straight games.
- OSU has held its opponent to fewer than 20 first downs in eight straight games.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has recorded at least five tackles in 17 straight games.
- Tay Martin has a touchdown reception in each of his last three games.
- OSU is 30-11 in its past 41 games decided by fewer than 10 points.
- OSU is 37-6 in its past 43 games when leading at halftime, dating back to Sept. 17, 2016.
- Dating back to 2005, OSU is 42-4 when not committing a turnover.
- Dating back to 2008, OSU is 68-8 when winning the turnover battle.