Kickoff: 11:00 AM CT
Location: McLane Stadium
Notes & Storylines
- Oklahoma is going for its eighth consecutive win over Baylor.
- The Sooners’ 17-game winning streak is the seventh longest in program history and their longest since winning 20 straight over the 2000 and ’01 seasons. It is also the longest active streak in the country, with only one other program (Georgia at 13) owning a streak longer than nine games.
- Oklahoma is off to the 15th 9-0 start in program history but first since 2004.
- The Sooners own a 28-3 (.903) record against Baylor and is 13-2 vs. the Bears in Waco. In the Big 12 era, the OU holds a 23-3 series advantage (11-2 in Waco).
- Oklahoma is 17-2 (.895) in true road games under Lincoln Riley and the average score in those contests has been 43-30.
- OU has won 23 straight November games (11 contests against teams ranked in the AP Top 25) and 26 of its last 27.
- Oklahoma’s last game in Waco two seasons ago (Nov. 16, 2019) saw the Sooners mount the biggest comeback win in school history. Baylor, which entered the game 9-0, stormed to a 28-3 early second-quarter lead and a 31-10 halftime advantage before OU rallied for a 34-31 victory.
- Since taking over quarterback responsibilities with 6:41 left in the second quarter vs. Texas four games ago, freshman Caleb Williams has completed 72 of 98 pass attempts (73.5%) for 1,087 yards and 14 touchdowns against one interception (211.7 pass efficiency rating is the nation’s best since Oct. 9).
- Despite being held to 72 rushing yards in its last game against Texas Tech, OU is averaging 215.3 rushing yards per contest and a nation-leading 6.6 yards per carry since Oct. 9 (last four outings).
- Among teams with at least 30 red zone trips this season, OU ranks first nationally with its 98% score rate (47 scores on 48 trips).
- OU is tied for third nationally this season with its 14 forced fumbles and is tied for fifth with 10 fumble recoveries.
- Three Sooners rank in the top nine in the Big 12 in sacks this season. Defensive lineman Isaiah Thomas is tied for fifth in the league with 5.5 sacks while outside linebacker Nik Bonitto is tied for seventh with 5.0 and defensive lineman Perrion Winfrey is tied for ninth with 4.5.
Odds & Predictions
Craig: 44-34 Oklahoma
Matt: 42-35 Oklahoma
Zack: 38-31 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland