Tip: 1:00 PM
Location: Addition Financial Arena (Orlando, Florida)
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are off to a 5-1 start and Porter Moser is only the fourth coach in program history to achieve a 5-1 start or better in
their first season. Lon Kruger (5-1, 2011), Kelvin Sampson (7-0, 1994) and Joe Ramsey (5-1, 1973) are the others.
- Oklahoma ranks third in the Big 12 and 27th in the NCAA in field goal percentage (49.6%).
- After allowing Houston Baptist to make 57.9% of its shots from the field in the first half Wednesday night, OU held the Huskies to 18.5%. HBU finished the contest shooting only 15.4% from beyond the arc.
- The Sooners are third in the Big 12 and 27th nationally in field goal percentage (49.6%) and rank second in the conference and 21st in the NCAA for three-point field goal defense (24.8%).
- OU has tallied Big 12 highs in 3-pointers made per contest (8.5) and total 3-pointers made (51).
- The Sooners lead the Big 12 in defensive rebounds per game (28.83). Tanner Groves leads all players in the conference in the same category (6.17).
- Groves is also the conference leader with 37 made field goals.
How To Watch/Listen
Tip is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Chad McKee and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN+ with Austin Lynn, Michael O’Donnell and Salena Roche on the call.
Scouting The Knights
- UCF is 4-0 to start the year.
- Darin Green Jr. is the Knight’s leading scorer and averages 16.3 points per game. Green Jr. logged a season-high 23 points in UCF’s victory over Miami. In the Knight’s last contest, Green Jr. tallied a team-high 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting from the field and 3-for-6 from 3-point range.
- C.J. Walker is posting a team-best 5.8 rebounds per game and Darius Perry averages a team-high 4.5 assists per contest
The Last Time Around
Oklahoma beat Central Florida 53-52 in the Lloyd Noble Center on December 21, 2019. In that game, Brady Manek grabbed 10 rebounds and scored 13 points. His 3-point shot, with 1:20 left to play, put the Sooners up 53-45. Kristian Doolittle scored 12 points and added eight rebounds. Austin Reaves grabbed nine boards. Jalen Hill is the only current Sooner that played against UCF and finished with five points and four rebounds.
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
UCF’s Projected Starters
G – Darin Green, Jr (Junior)
G – Darius Perry (Senior)
G – Brandon Mahan (Senior)
F – C.J. Walker (Junior)
F – Cheikh Mbacke Diong (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland