Kickoff: 6:30 PM CT
Location: Boone Pickens Stadium
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are competing for a seventh consecutive Bedlam win.
- A win over Oklahoma State will clinch a berth in the Big 12 championship game for OU.
- Oklahoma has dominated the Bedlam Series with a 90-18-7 (.813) all-time record against Oklahoma State and is 42-7-5 (.824) in the series in Stillwater.
- The 20 combined wins between the Sooners and Cowboys are tied with the 2015 season for the most ever entering a Bedlam game. Both teams were also 10-1 in 2015. OU won the 2015 Bedlam game 58-23.
- Oklahoma is 17-2 against Oklahoma State when both teams are ranked in the AP poll and won both meetings when each team was ranked in the top 10. No. 2 OU defeated No. 3 OSU 24-14 in Norman in 1984 and No. 5 OU won 58-23 at No. 9 OSU in 2015.
- This marks just the fifth time since the 2000 season that OSU is ranked higher in the AP poll than OU at the time of competition.
- Saturday will mark Oklahoma’s 116th all-time meeting against OSU. OU’s most games versus any opponent is 117 against Texas.
- A win would be the 56th for Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma, which would break the record for victories by an OU head coach in his first five seasons. Bob Stoops had 55 wins in his first five years (1999-2003) with the Sooners.
- During its current six-game winning streak against Oklahoma State, the Sooners are averaging 46.8 points points per game.
- Bedlam will feature an Oklahoma team that leads the Big 12 (ranks 10th nationally) with its 38.9 points per game against an Oklahoma State defense that leads the league (tied for second nationally) by allowing just 14.9 points per contest.
- OU ranks first nationally this season with its 96% score rate in the red zone (51 scores on 53 trips).
- OU ranks second nationally this season with its 19 forced fumbles and is tied for fifth with 12 fumble recoveries.
Odds & Predictions
Craig | 27-21 (Oklahoma)
Matt | 31-21 (Oklahoma State)
Zack | 31-24 (Oklahoma State)
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland