Tip: 7:00 PM
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
TV: Bally Sports OK+
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are off to a 6-1 start and Porter Moser is only the third coach in program history to achieve a 6-1 start or better
in their first season. Lon Kruger (6-1, 2011) and Kelvin Sampson (7-0, 1994) are the others.
- Oklahoma ranks 17th in the NCAA in field goal percentage (50.1%) and 23rd in total assists (117).
- OU and Florida were supposed to play last season (12/2/20) but OU paused organized team activities due to positive COVID-19 tests and contact tracing.
- The Sooners are third in the Big 12 and 17th nationally in field goal percentage (50.1%). Oklahoma is 23rd in the NCAA in total assists (117) and second in the conference.
- OU has Recorded Big 12 highs in 3-point attempts (168) and total made (82).
- Umoja Gibson is the Big 12 leader in 3-point attempts (42) and has taken 25% of OU’s attempts.
- Jalen Hill is second in the league in total rebounds (47) and Tanner Groves in second for defensive rebounds per game (5.57).
- Jordan Goldwire in third in the Big 12 and 60th nationally in total assists (30).
- Oklahoma is 17th in the nation and third in the Big 12 in field goal percentage, shooting 50.1% from the field to start the season.
- OU tallied five games during the 27-game, 2020-21 slate with a 50% or greater field goal percentage. The 2021-22 squad has already amassed five such games through the first seven games.
- If the Sooners are able to maintain its efficiency on offense, it would be the first time since the 1984-85 season that the Sooners would finish with a 50% or greater percentage.
- Jalen Hill leads the Sooners with an impressive 71.9% (23-32) shooting from the field. Hill’s percentage would rank as the best in a single season at OU. Jamuni McNeace finished the 2017-18 season with a 67.1%, edging Blake Griffin’s 65.4%.
How To Watch/Listen
Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on Bally Sports Oklahoma+ with Chad Mckee and Bryndon Manzer on the call.
Scouting The Gators
- Florida is 6-0 on the season.
- Colin Castleton leads the Gators in points (14.8), rebounds (10.0) and blocks (2.8) per game. Castleton has led UF in points in three games and has been their leading rebounder in five. Five Gators are averaging double figure points.
The Last Time Around
Oklahoma defeated Florida 65-60 in the opening game of the 2018 Battle 4 Atlantis. Christian James led OU with 18 points and Brady Manek had a team-high 10 rebounds.
Florida’s Projected Starters
G – Myreon Jones (Senior)
G – Tyree Appleby (Senior)
G – Phlandrous Fleming Jr. (Senior)
F – Anthony Duruji (Senior)
F – Colin Castleton (Senior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland