Tip: 7:00 PM
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma+
Notes & Storylines
- In 11 games so far this season, Alcorn State has yet to play at home.
- The Sooners are off to a 9-2 start and Porter Moser is only the third coach in program history to achieve an 8-2 start or better in their first season at Oklahoma. Lon Kruger (9-2, 2011) and Kelvin Sampson (9-2, 1994) are the others.
- Moser is the first coach in program history to have two wins over teams ranked in the top 15 of the AP Poll in his first 10 games.
- Oklahoma is 10th in the NCAA in field goal percentage (50.3%) and 33rd in 3-point field goal defense (27.8%).
- According to KenPom, the Sooners are second in the nation in two-point field goal percentage (60.8%).
- The Sooners are second in the Big 12 and 10th nationally in field goal percentage (50.3%) and 33rd in 3-point field goal percentage defense (27.8) and assists per game (16.7). OU is 35th in scoring margin (14.6) and 36th in scoring defense (60.4).
- OU is second the Big 12 in 3-point made (91) and attempts (256).
- Guard Mo Gibson is first in the league in 3-point attempts (72) and has taken 28.1% of OU’s 3-point shots.
- Forward Tanner Groves is third in the Big 12 and 42nd nationally in field goal percentage (58.2).
- Guard Jordan Goldwire in third in the Big 12 in total assists (50) and 72nd nationally. Goldwire is tied for 60th among active career leaders in steals (147).
- Oklahoma is 10th in the nation and second in the Big 12 in field goal percentage (50.3%).
- The last time a team finished the season shooting 50% or greater was the 1984-85 season.
- Jalen Hill is shooting 71.4% (40-56) from the field. Hill’s percentage would rank as the best in a single season at OU (min. 2.0 made per game). Jamuni McNeace finished the 2017-18 season with a 67.1%, edging Blake Griffin’s 65.4%.
How To Watch/Listen
Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on Bally Sports Oklahoma+ with Chad McKee and Bryndon Manzer on the call.
The Last Time Around
On November 12, 2007 Oklahoma beat Alcorn State 99-59 at the Lloyd Noble Center. True freshman Blake Griffin recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Longar Longar added 20 points off the bench, Tony Crocker scored 16 and Omar Leary had 11 for the Sooners.
Scouting The Braves
- Alcorn State (1-10) last played Monday, Dec. 20 and lost to No. 1 Baylor 97-54.
- The Braves run a “big” lineup with two guards, a forward, and two centers in the projected starting five.
- Center Darrious Agnew leads the Braves in scoring with 7.5 points per game.
- Lenell Henry is pulling down a team-high 5.9 boards per game.
- Alcorn State is scoring an average of 59.9 points per game while giving up 76.4 points per game to its opponents.
Alcorn State’s Projected Starters
G – Mike Pajeaud (Freshman)
G – Byron Joshua (Freshman)
F – Keondre Montgomery (Freshman)
C – Lenell Henry (Senior)
C – Darrious Agnew (Senior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland