Tip: 3:00 PM
Location: Bramlage Coliseum (Manhattan, KS)
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners will earn the #7 seed in the Big 12 Tournament with a win.
- OU is 27th nationally and second in the Big 12 in field goal percentage (47.5%) and 49th in scoring defense (64.7).
- According to KenPom, Oklahoma is fifth in the nation in two-point field goal percentage (57.6%) and 27th in effective field-goal percentage (54.4%).
- The Wildcats hold a 65-28 advantage over Oklahoma in games played in Manhattan.
- Oklahoma freshman guard C.J. Noland’s father, Belvis Noland, played two seasons at Kansas State.
- Oklahoma has the 12th-toughest strength of schedule according to ESPN, KenPom has OU ranked 10th and WarrenNolan.com has the Sooner’s fifth. Oklahoma has played 12 games against teams ranked in the AP Top 25.
- Jordan Goldwire is tied for 50th among active career leaders in steals (179) and Mo Gibson is 64th (166).
- Jalen Hill is shooting 59.4% (92-155) from the field.
- CJ Noland has made 55.2% (48-87) of his shots this season and ranks fith in program history for field goal percentage for a freshman.
How To Watch And Listen
Tip is scheduled for 3 pm. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN+ with Chuckie Kempf and Missy Heidrick on the call.
The Last Time Around
Oklahoma defeated Kansas State 71-69, in Norman, on January 1st. Elijah Harkless finished the day 7-for-12 from the field and 4-for-4 from three-point range for a 21-point day.
Scouting The Wildcats
Kansas State comes into this game having lost four in a row. The Wildcats have a trio of scorers that average double-figure points. Nijel Pack is the team leader with 17.7 points per game and Markquis Nowell scores 12.6 and Mark Smith 12.2 points per game. Smith is KSU’s leading rebounder with 8.5 boards per game and Nowell averages 5.0 assist per game.
Kansas State’s Projected Starters
G – Mike McGuirl (Senior)
G – Selton Miguel (Sophomore)
G – Mark Smith (Senior)
G – Nijel Pack (Sophomore)
F – Ish Massoud (Sophomore)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
F – Jacob Groves (Junior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland