Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Target Center (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder dropped another tough loss last night in a 142-115 blowout hosting the Milwaukee Bucks, but there is no time for rest as they travel to Minneapolis to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight.
It’s been less than a week since these two teams met in OKC, a 138-101 loss for the Thunder. It’s been confirmed that the Thunder will be without Luguentz Dort, Mike Muscala, and Ty Jerome for the remaining 17 games due to season-ending injuries, so that’s a big hit to OKC’s chances of winning very many games, but that’s a win for the pro-tank crowd.
The Timberwolves are dealing with their own list of injuries at the moment with several core players dealing with minor ailments that may or may not keep them out of tonight’s matchup. Still, the Thunder has their work cut out for them as they are once again heavy under dogs on the road. While a win seems unlikely, hopefully this game will be closer than their meeting last Friday.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Tre Mann
- SF: Aaron Wiggins
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Patrick Beverley
- SG: D’Angelo Russell
- SF: Anthony Edwards
- PF: Jarred Vanderbilt
- C: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Luguentz Dort is OUT (strained left shoulder).
- Derrick Favors is OUT (lower back soreness).
- Josh Giddey is OUT (right hip soreness).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (left hip soreness).
- Mike Muscala is OUT (right ankle soreness).
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is OUT (third metatarsal fracture in right foot).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (sprained right knee).
- Patrick Beverley is QUESTIONABLE (right ankle soreness).
- Anthony Edwards is OUT (left patellar tendinopathy).
- Jaylen Nowell is PROBABLE (nasal contusion).
- Nathan Knight is OUT (G League — Two-Way).
- Taurean Prince is QUESTIONABLE (back spasms).
- D’Angelo Russell is QUESTOINABLE (bilateral hamstring soreness).
- Jarred Vanderbilt is QUESTIONABLE (left quad contusion).
- McKinley Wright IV is OUT (left UCL injury)
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 35-17 against the Timberwolves (18-8 at home, 17-9 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 9 times, lost it twice, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder went 2-1 (1-1 at home, 1-0 on the road) against the Timberwolves last season.
- The Thunder is 0-3 against the Timberwolves so far this season (0-2 at home, 0-1 on the road).