Tip: 6:00 PM
Location: T-Mobile Center (Kansas City)
Notes & Storylines
- OU is 26th nationally and second in the Big 12 in field goal percentage (47.7%) and 49th in scoring defense (64.9).
- According to KenPom, Oklahoma is sixth in the nation in two-point field goal percentage (57.6%) and 24th in effective field-goal percentage (54.6%).
- C.J. Noland was named to the Big 12 All-Freshman Team.
- OU holds a 3-2 advantage over Baylor in neutral site games.
- Jordan Goldwire is averaging a team-high 12.7 points per game in OU’s last 11 games.
- Oklahoma is ranked 42nd in the NET rankings (3/7) with an 9-13 record in the first two quads (6-2 in quad two).
- Oklahoma has the 11th-toughest strength of schedule according to ESPN, KenPom has OU ranked 8th and WarrenNolan.com has the Sooner’s seventh.
- Oklahoma is third in the Big 12 in 3-pointers made (227) and attempts (676). Umoja Gibson is third in the league in 3-point attempts (201) and 3-pointers made (76), and has taken 29.7% of OU’s 3-pointers.
- Oklahoma tallied five games during the 27-game, 2020-21 slate with a 50% or greater field goal percentage. The 2021-22 squad has amassed 12 such games.
- Jalen Hill is shooting 59.4% (95-160) from the field. Hill’s percentage would rank as the sixth best in a single season at OU (min. 2.0 made per game). Jamuni McNeace finished the 2017-18 season with a 67.1%, edging Blake Griffin’s 65.4%.
- CJ Noland has made 54.5% (48-88) of his shots this season and ranks fith in program history for field goal percentage for a freshman.
How To Watch And Listen
Tip is scheduled for 6 pm. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN with Jon Sciambi, Fran Fraschilla and Kris Budden on the call.
The Last Time Around
Baylor beat Oklahoma 65-51 on January 22nd in Norman. Umoja Gibson scored 12 points on 4-for-9 shooting from the field. Elijah Harkless added 12 points and Tanner Groves produced 11.
Scouting The Bears
Baylor comes to Kansas City with a 26-5 record and the #2 seed in the Big 12 Tournament. The Bears’ Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua was named Big 12 Co-Defense Player of the Year and Jeremy Sochan earned Big 12 Sixth Man of the Year award. James Akinjo was named to the All-Big 12 First Team.
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
F – Jacob Groves (Junior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Baylor’s Projected Starters
G – Kendall Brown (Freshman)
G – Matthew Mayer (Senior)
G – Adam Flagler (Junior)
G – James Akinjo (Senior)
F – Flo Thamba (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland