Tip: 8:30 PM
Location: T-Mobile Center (Kansas City)
Notes & Storylines
- OU is 25th nationally and second in the Big 12 in field goal percentage (47.8%) and 49th in scoring defense (64.9).
- According to KenPom, Oklahoma is sixth in the nation in two-point field goal percentage (57.4%) and 22nd in effective field-goal percentage (54.9%).
- The Sooners earned their fifth victory over a team ranked in the top 15 of the AP Poll Thursday night against No. 3 Baylor.
- Porter Moser is the first coach in program history to have five wins over teams ranked in the top 15 of the AP Poll in his first season.
- Oklahoma is ranked 38th in the NET rankings (3/11) with an 10-13 record in the first two quads (6-2 in quad two).
- Oklahoma has the 6th-toughest strength of schedule according to ESPN, seventh by KenPom and fourth by WarrenNolan.com. Oklahoma has played 13 games against teams ranked in the AP Top 25 and tied with four other teams nationally for most wins over AP top 15 opponents (five).
- OU holds a 2-1 advantage over Texas Tech in neutral site games.
- Oklahoma is third in the Big 12 in 3-pointers made (238) and attempts (697). Umoja Gibson is third in the league in 3-point attempts (206) and 3-pointers made (77), and has taken 29.5% of OU’s 3-pointers.
- Oklahoma tallied five games during the 27-game, 2020-21 slate with a 50% or greater field goal percentage. The 2021-22 squad has amassed 13 such games.
- Jalen Hill is shooting 58.8% (100-170) from the field. Hill’s percentage would rank as the sixth best in a single season at OU (min. 2.0 made per game).
- CJ Noland has made 55.1% (49-89) of his shots this season and ranks fith in program history for field goal percentage for a freshman.
How To Watch And Listen
Tip is scheduled for 8:30 pm. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN2 with Jon Sciambi, Fran Fraschilla and Kris Budden on the call.
The Last Time Around
Texas Tech beat Oklahoma 66-42 on February 22nd. Jalen Hill led Oklahoma with eight points and added three rebounds. Jordan Goldwire grabbed a team-best five boards and Ethan Chargois led OU with three assists. The Sooners grabbed 11 steals in the game, but were outrebounded by a margin of 31-17.
Scouting The Red Raiders
Texas Tech opened the 2022 Big 12 Championship tournament with a 72-41 victory over Iowa State. The Red Raiders are 2-2 in their last four games with a win over K-State and loses at Oklahoma State and TCU.
Texas Tech is ninth in field goal percentage defense (38.5%), 13th in scoring defense (60.7%), 17th in scoring margin (11.7) 19th in rebound margin (6.5), turnovers forced (16.0) and 29th in total steals.
Bryson Williams earned unanimous All-Big 12 First Team honors and was selected to the Big 12 All-Newcomer Team.
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
F – Jacob Groves (Junior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
Texas Tech’s Projected Starters
G – Davion Warren (Senior)
G – Terrence Shannon (Junior)
G – Adonis Arms (Senior)
F – Kevin Obanor (Saturday)
F – Bryson Williams (Senior)
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland